PDA

View Full Version : Tribal House Battle?

mantis
06-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Ive been threatening for a while now, but havent posted here. Anyone up for a Tribal house battle?

@Hausegeist perhaps?

just friendly battle- i am not playing out anymore (im moving soon) and need something to do

anything tribal - tribal tech - anything.

30 minutes

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Wishing I had the time.I,may be the only actual Tribal house DJ,on this board.:(

Hausgeist
06-15-2012, 07:25 AM
I may be the only actual Tribal house DJ on this board.:(

:argh: I have plenty of tribal records and files.

Mantis, I am going out of town this weekend to visit family. I'll think about it though. Maybe when I get back.

prODucer
06-15-2012, 07:40 AM
I'll go with ya on this one....although I may have to find some good tribal stuff first. I love it but it's hard to find. But yeah, count me in if that's ok?

djlotus
06-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I'd be down. All I uses to at was tribal stuff.

mantis
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
ok all can join. lets set some rules. 30 mins is ok?

I dont care what you use.

I use two cdj 800mk2 and a crappy behringer mixer with no effects.

I also dont have a lot of time but if i dont commit to something it wont be done. How about cut off date is 2 weeks from now? 29 june? too much time?

Dennis, you are not the only tribal dj.

prODucer
06-15-2012, 10:47 AM
That all sounds great to me!

djlotus
06-15-2012, 10:51 AM
That's cool. Mine will be all vinyl.

mantis
06-15-2012, 11:07 AM
my tribal is all very old. so dont expect new stuff ok?

Hausgeist
06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Count me out. I am not down with these new-fangled clusterfuck battles. Have fun, fellas. :tup:

mantis
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
its not a pissing contest, its just a fun way to play and to share with others while at the same time you get some good feedback. no other intentions with this at all

Hausgeist
06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
I know. I just mean I am not interested in more than a one on one battle.

DJArmani
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Is it too late for me to join? First time doing tribal so its a fun challenge. What's the due date?

djlotus
06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
I can step out if needed. I just like the idea of throwing down some of my old dubtribe and onionz. Do your battle thing.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
ok all can join. lets set some rules. 30 mins is ok?

I dont care what you use.

I use two cdj 800mk2 and a crappy behringer mixer with no effects.

I also dont have a lot of time but if i dont commit to something it wont be done. How about cut off date is 2 weeks from now? 29 june? too much time?I might make that cut-off date.:shrug:

Dennis, you are not the only tribal dj.please,please name another on this board?

djlotus
06-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I consider myself a tribal guy. It's all I played the first 8 years I played wax.

mantis
06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
not too late to join. Every one can be in
so cut off date is 29 June it gives us enough time to get our mixes in.

Anything Tribal is ok.

Paulie65m
06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
I might make that cut-off date.:shrug:

please,please name another on this board?

Me!!!!! At djf before Mayan Calender I use to do some battles here and there , but lost most of them lol

I'm moving this week but once I finish up gonna set everything up and see if I could pull a quick set one time , I'm also all vinyl I'll probably not use any effects just mixing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mantis
06-15-2012, 11:44 PM
im willing to extend the cut off date if you girls want ;)

DJArmani
06-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Up to everyone else i'll have enough time to find music and everything 2 weeks is good.

djlotus
06-16-2012, 09:04 PM
If Dennis feels he is the only tribal guy on this board, I expect his track selection and mixing to be better than mine. ;)

mantis
06-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Ok. 29th is deadline.
Rules:
-last mix in by 45 minutes.
-use whatever, it doesnt bother me ( as long as you are honest about it)
-must have fun while making it

see you in two weeks :)

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-17-2012, 06:15 AM
If Dennis feels he is the only tribal guy on this board, I expect his track selection and mixing to be better than mine. ;):lol: wow,I'm flattered,a true "call-out".,.but,. I'm not insecure,and my time is about money.the dateline has been set,we shall see.:tup:besides,I'm not the guy to worry about,..there's that guy from N.jersey(they know their Tribal) :lol: and I wouldn't exactly sleep, on Paulie65m.:D

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Ok. 29th is deadline.
Rules:
-last mix in by 30 minutes.

see you in two weeks :)30 minutes? what's that, 4 tracks,tops?:shrug:

mantis
06-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Ok no limit. lets not let it go over 1 hour then.
Relax guys, this was supposed to have been fun.

Paulie65m
06-17-2012, 03:27 PM
and I wouldn't exactly sleep, on Paulie65m.:D

:ninja:

Going to SF, Exit, Limelight, the Roxy clubs got me into the music , JP s&m parties got me into that dark style

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Going to SF, Exit, Limelight, the Roxy clubs got me into the music , JP s&m parties got me into that dark style

:lol: I worked at three of those four clubs.:D I know you get it!

Paulie65m
06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
:lol: I worked at three of those four clubs.:D I know you get it!

Haha nice

mantis
06-18-2012, 12:51 AM
cool guys, so we are in agreement. It will be great to battle with a master such as Dennis ;)
we can all learn from this experience

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-18-2012, 02:03 AM
cool guys, so we are in agreement. It will be great to battle with a master such as Dennis ;)
we can all learn from this experienceall of you guys are trying to set me up!.. all I'm learning, is to keep my mouth shut.:lol:

mantis
06-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Ok. 29th is deadline.
Rules:
-last mix in by 45 minutes.
-use whatever, it doesnt bother me ( as long as you are honest about it)
-must have fun while making it

see you in two weeks :)

Rek_Aviles
06-26-2012, 11:57 AM

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Good' ole days !!

Why no mention of Tunnel. DT played some serious dark tribal during his residency there. :D

Paulie65m
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I was too young for tunnel , I'm only 25 , I started to go out at 15 , grew out a beard and back then it was easy to get a fake id anywhere in NYC, my older friends use to take me out to these places, sometimes I wouldn't be able to get in I would just gone to the next joint by myself lol

I have tons of records from dt or stuff that we would had played one of my fav djs

Edit: I don't think I could get a mix in , I have been extremely busy with my properties, work and moving into apt in my other building . Haven't even got my records together , gotta run to Nj tonight till tomorrow
I'll see if I could pull out a mix this week and post it even though might be after deadline

Rek_Aviles
06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I was too young for tunnel , I'm only 25 , I started to go out at 15 , grew out a beard and back then it was easy to get a fake id anywhere in NYC, my older friends use to take me out to these places, sometimes I wouldn't be able to get in I would just gone to the next stop by myself lol

I have tons of records from dt or stuff that we would had played one of my fav djs

Oh yah.. Sounds like you caught the tail end of Twilo. No wonder you mentioned Exit, next best thing after they went.

Tunnel was a great club. Both will be missed, nothing cam close to either of them and probably never will now.

mantis
06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
deadline can be extended as it seems that non of the participants are ready today. I can extend it for another week if you want. This is all about fun and so no need to worry.

how do we upload the mixes?

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-29-2012, 01:17 AM
deadline can be extended as it seems that non of the participants are ready today. I can extend it for another week if you want. This is all about fun and so no need to worry.

how do we upload the mixes?I'm still in...a week would be great! having a little trouble, coverting wav.(CD) into a mp3 file.my laptop isn't reading my mixed CD,but my MacPro is...weird...also,I know nothing about ID3 tag,or how to remove them.

Hausgeist
06-29-2012, 06:13 AM
how do we upload the mixes?

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?181-HOW-TO-Battle-amp-upload-your-file

Rek_Aviles
06-29-2012, 08:36 AM
:lol: I worked at three of those four clubs.

Im sure Limelight was the fourth that's missing. That club was in a league of its own.

Very dark, underground vibe there. Was sad to see it go.

prODucer
06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
im gonna bow out of this one. we have been having black outs due to some massive storms and ive been really busy. have fun guys!

Paulie65m
06-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Another week would be great cuz I'm behind

Yess Rek limelight was one of the best even when it changed to Avalon it was still good I really miss that club , best part about it DJs was on top in the dark mixing not a superstar
In front of a crowd like nowadays

Rek_Aviles
06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Yess Rek limelight was one of the best even when it changed to Avalon it was still good I really miss that club , best part about it DJs was on top in the dark mixing not a superstar
In front of a crowd like nowadays

Completely forgot about Avalon. I never went when it reopened.

Was there a gap between the time LL closed and Avalon opened?

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Im sure Limelight was the fourth that's missing. That club was in a league of its own.

Very dark, underground vibe there. Was sad to see it go.Yes,and No.I didn't work at neither of the two different "Sound Factory".that's where I hung out at...nor did I work, at the Original "Limelght".I was hired for it re-opening.:tup:I alway find it funny on how people remember things.The sound Factory,was underground in dance and music.the limelight was dark and druggie.it's where we went to get high....I miss it too.

Rek_Aviles
06-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Yes,and No.I didn't work at neither of the two different "Sound Factory".that's where I hung out at...nor did I work, at the Original "Limelght".I was hired for it re-opening.:tup:I alway find it funny on how people remember things.The sound Factory,was underground in dance and music.the limelight was dark and druggie.it's where we went to get high....I miss it too.

I dunno, heard Johnathan Peters a few times and I wouldn't call it underground. Not in the EDM scene at least. To me it was like
Exit, well known, great DJs, mixed crowd.

LLs crowd gave it that underground vibe to me, but maybe our definition of underground differs a bit. :lol:

Rek_Aviles
06-29-2012, 12:56 PM
wow, this thread is off topic a bit.

Who's in this battle now, since ProDucer bowed out? If it's done to 2, i'll take his spot.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I dunno, heard Johnathan Peters a few times and I wouldn't call it underground. Not in the EDM scene at least. To me it was like
Exit, well known, great DJs, mixed crowd.

LLs crowd gave it that underground vibe to me, but maybe our definition of underground differs a bit. :lol:Omg,.who was talking about JP's sound factory.I was referring to Junior's SF...that LLs crowd,was one of many things that help kill off the underground.yes,off topic.

Rek_Aviles
06-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Omg,.who was talking about JP's sound factory.I was referring to Junior's SF...that LLs crowd,was one of many things that help kill off the underground.yes,off topic.

lol ooh.. nuff said. I agree.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-29-2012, 04:39 PM
wow, this thread is off topic a bit.

Who's in this battle now, since ProDucer bowed out? If it's done to 2, i'll take his spot.I'm almost done.unless I decide to re-edit once again.(4x).lol.I'm still hoping for Paulie65m,DJArmani,DJLotus,...there's still a week left.join in.

Rek_Aviles
06-29-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm almost done.unless I decide to re-edit once again.(4x).lol.I'm still hoping for Paulie65m,DJArmani,DJLotus.there's still a week left.join in.

nah, more than 3 ppl in any battle is more than enough, let alone 5. 0.o

I'll try to vote on this one though.

Paulie65m
06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
I'll see if I could get something going , sucks I only have one day off , happen to be only on the 4th , if I can't by this week I'll shall record a mix its been a couple years since I spun a lot

Off topic: I was too young for juniors SF :( I think it shut mid 90s or so.
I don't recall the gap from limelight to Avalon such a long time ago , I just remember
(Jp)SF -03
Avalon around 06 also crobar Roxy spirit around the same time
I forgot when exit and the coppa closed

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
06-30-2012, 05:35 AM
I'll see if I could get something going , sucks I only have one day off , happen to be only on the 4th , if I can't by this week I'll shall record a mix its been a couple years since I spun a lot

Off topic: I was too young for juniors SF :( I think it shut mid 90s or so.
I don't recall the gap from limelight to Avalon such a long time ago , I just remember
(Jp)SF -03
Avalon around 06 also crobar Roxy spirit around the same time
I forgot when exit and the coppa closed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TapatalkOFF-Topic:Junior's SF closed in Feb '04(valentine weekend),I was there, on it' opening('88),. and it's closing night....I hung out (on closing nite) with my good friends,Darrell(the doorman)who insisted on killing off a bottle of Johnnie Walker red,and Father Chris,who did bumps off my shaved head...true story....Limelight opened and closed, twice,. before becoming Avalon in '01,.I believe...JP's Friday nite party was the shit in 02-03....Spirit,was the old Twilo,that was the old junior's SF....Exit, was where Junior, had a one million dollar DJ booth(they claimed)....Crobar, was where they use to keep the Thanksgiving day parade ballons(Snoopy,etc,etc) in storage.... all past,NYC club history...but,as you can tell,..I enjoy recalling it! :tup:

Paulie65m
06-30-2012, 06:04 AM
It was good while it lasted , I'm happy I experience some of it now I just follow blckmarket , verboten and resolute parties I'm out of the tribal scene it changed so much

DJArmani
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Ahh ! Forgot about this battle, will try to get this done today had a gig yesterday and I was prepping for it. I tried to get this mix downpacked and I kept messing up so I just took some time off and forgot about it. Will go back at it today though.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
who's in? the extended dateline is quickly here! having a little trouble with uploading.had to email myself the completed Battle mp3,from my Mac to my laptop.also had uninstall, and re-install Java.not sure if I'm to just leave the ID3 tags blank,.will that be acceptable? ****** EDIT:it took a while and several tries to get the java applet opened.I may have uploaded the same mix three times.I could not tell if it was uploaded properly.I uploaded on both IE,and firefox,just to be sure.MOD hit me up!

DJArmani
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
have to hop out of this one just not enough time for me in a day to get stuff done, lol

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Mantis,...where you at?

Rek_Aviles
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
:argh:

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-07-2012, 06:29 PM
^ what's wrong.you bowed out.:confused:At this point,I think I'm the only one to submit a mix to this battle. I hope I'm wrong.in not so many words,I was called out in this thread.my mix is in.

Rek_Aviles
07-07-2012, 06:33 PM
No, waiting to hear these.

mantis
07-07-2012, 10:41 PM
sorry sorry, I recently moved house to a new city and I sent all my gear and my pc to my new place. Im still at the old place and made the damn mistake of sending my external drive that i recorded my first set on. I was going to re record this set, but time didnt allow it. Im now with some egg on my face, but I have time tonight. I will see what I can do. If all else fails, my girlfriend will be at the new place on the night of the tenth, and I can explain to her how to upload the file.

So sorry about this, but living in a foreign country and having to deal with all the unexpected issues in China can be a little off putting.

mantis
07-07-2012, 10:47 PM
but there were more participants than me?

Paulie65m
07-08-2012, 02:46 AM
but there were more participants than me?

I wanted to pull a set too. But I recently move to one of my other building still moving my vinyl , I did setup my tt of course I'll see if I could pull a quick set one time shot and just upload it

My track selection are always good my beat matching not so good lol

Edit: also gotta get internet connection back hopefully tomorrow

Rek_Aviles
07-08-2012, 10:09 AM
lol

So who's actually still in this battle? Seems like it's only Dennis.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
:facepalm: this thread has become an embarrassment,and should be closed...I did not want to win by default.....Tomorrow, I will submit an official Tribal house Battle Call-out thread....No excuses.No false commitments.No discussions....On a personal,and last note;I publicly would like to extend a gracious "Thank You"~ to Mantis...his Tribal challenge,and well meant intentions,has stirred me from a deep deep rut.I haven't mixed music in over 8 months,nor made a recording in over 2 year.but thanks to him,I have spent the last two weeks in front of my Turntables,mixing and recording.for that alone,he is the real winner here.:locked: