PDA

View Full Version : What size tablet for someone looking to get into digital art/photoshop work?

The Judge
02-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I've wanted to get a graphics tablet for a while. I'd like to get into digital drawing/painting and so was wondering what is the best size for me. Obviously bigger is going to cost more. I'm not a pro and looking at the Wacom Bamboo range. I've read that the small version is probably a bit small for art and not too hot for bigger screens. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with tablets and able to give some input? Thanks.

Marc S
02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
well an A3 one is muchos but its the best size,

A4 is about the perfect size for money & size, anything smaller and you lose too much resolution. i work with a bamboo A5, but the detail work i do is always doon at high zoom levels and the non detailed work is not precise enough to warrant a high cost tablet, but for illustration/painting, you need the size.

Jason Cerna
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
from experience on the medium intuos 4, don't get the small sized bamboo for drawing and painting.

NickJames
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I use a Wacom with 8.5 x 5.4 inches (216 x 137 mm) of active area... Basically a piece of paper folded in half. For my purposes (photo touchup/design) it's perfect. I do not do any digital painting though so haven't tried it for that.

Marc S
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
^^ same as me, perfect for what we do, but digital paint you need the full size A4

addwildchild
02-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I use the same Wacom tablet as well, and would have to agree.