PDA

View Full Version : House music in LA

ReactCalifornia
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Where do you guys go to see it?

Finnish_Fox
06-13-2012, 05:40 PM
What kind of house music?

Deep/Funky - King King, Medusa Lounge... Chuck Love is playing on Thursday @ Medusa Loung. Farina is playing on Tuesday, 6/26, with Colette in OC @ Focus (forgot the name of the venue)... oh, and my house. :D

Commercial/Big Room - Avalon

ReactCalifornia
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Progressive house, big room house, etc. What do you think of Lure & Supperclub?

Finnish_Fox
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Progressive house, big room house, etc. What do you think of Lure & Supperclub?

Don't listen to progressive or big room... LURE is also where the Do Over is on Sundays. Cool venue, couldn't tell you about the EDM stuff though. Never been to Supperclub for EDM.

ReactCalifornia
06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Well...if you ever are in the mood to listen, you should head over there. We run contests to win free tickets for both those venues almost every week. Manufactured Superstars are playing tonight, and if you want to win free tickets you can find details on our twitter - @ ReactCalifornia

Finnish_Fox
06-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Ever think about doing a smaller room too at one of those venues?

I know a few funky house DJs and one of my good friends does progressive/big room stuff.

Pavin
06-14-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll be moving out there in Sept. Anything near UCLA? Or a scene at UCLA specifically?

Finnish_Fox
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I'll be moving out there in Sept. Anything near UCLA? Or a scene at UCLA specifically?

UCLA is in Westwood, so you aren't terribly far from these Hollywood clubs. Not sure about WW itself, you might find some bars that have a chill night but nothing really popping off so far as I know.

elowl
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
los ángeles clubs suck!!!!!!!!!!!!! but try avalon in hollywood the its big and great sound with light shows and closes at 8 a.m on saturdays and 6 a.m on fridays

Will MaXimal
06-26-2012, 07:56 PM
The best are the underground venues and parties. You can see the more mainstream of EDM which is good but depending on where you go the atmosphere isnt always the funnest.

Pavin
06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
The best are the underground venues and parties. You can see the more mainstream of EDM which is good but depending on where you go the atmosphere isnt always the funnest.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I've loved the UG parties/scene here... would like to continue that in LA

Finnish_Fox
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
The house music scene has shrunk a bit over the past 10 years... people growing up, I guess... but there are still some pretty decent events every few weeks.

floorgasming
07-04-2012, 05:49 AM
this is true. there used to be multiple underground spots jumping off around LA but now it seems to be all about the big room house sound.

I miss the old Dynagroove and HAWT events.

Pavin
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Can you guys maybe name some of the few that are still around?

Finnish_Fox
07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I miss the old Dynagroove and HAWT events.

They just had a Dynagroove in April where Diz missed his flight and they did a make-up party where Diz played for 4 hours.

As for Hawt, how many of those events did you go to? They're actually my buddy's and I was helping out with the events at the HawtBox in Echo Park in the beginning.

I miss the Melodics when Mark Farina would just kill it.

Finnish_Fox
07-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Can you guys maybe name some of the few that are still around?

Dynagroove does 1-2 per year... I see the Hawt guys playing at various nights and UGs. I'd follow Hawt on FB for more info.

Will MaXimal
07-20-2012, 01:56 PM
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I've loved the UG parties/scene here... would like to continue that in LA

There is a party coming up that i am helping out with! It's Resurrect LA and I have a bunch of tickets i am giving out for free on Faderwave Radio and other various contests.

Be sure to check it out as its all up and coming Dj's. If you want a break from the gimmick festivals this show is what you are looking for.

Finnish_Fox
07-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Handle it Swerv!

Will MaXimal
07-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Handle it Swerv!

Free ticket give away this WED NIGHT :slayer:

TopangaS2k
07-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Free ticket give away this WED NIGHT :slayer:

Yeee boi!!!!
:banana: