PDA

View Full Version : American DJ ComScan

nat1ve
06-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello, Was looking into the American DJ ComScan. Was wondering if any fellow mobile DJ's have this light and would give me any reviews (pros and cons)
Like I said Strictly Mobile DJ so any help would be appreciated. Or if not this light.. which would be a good replacement in the same price range?
I have A Micro Galaxian, DJ Quad Gem, and 2 Mini Colorstrips already...Looking to add sumthing cool that well fit in good with those.

BillESC
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM
For not a whole lot more you can get Chauvet's Intimidator Scan LED 200 which offers a slightly larger beam spread and separate gobo and color wheels which gives you expodentially more "looks."

sarellano
06-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Hello,

I have the ADJ ComScans. I really like them, but I want to sell them. I am doing larger parties and the 10W bulb is not quite bright enough. They are small, light and very easy to transport and set up. The only con if there is one, is just the brightness for me.

djfluke
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Their not bad I use 6 for big events. Check some pics here http://www.intouchmedia.ca/media/pictures/

MouseAT
07-06-2012, 05:23 AM
I saw a pair demonstrated around 18 months ago when I was in the market for lighting. They're SERIOUSLY lacking in brightness - the X-Scans and X-Move plus units weren't that bright either, but even those were outperforming the ComScans by a significant margin. There's no way I'd buy ComScans right now. I love the size, weight and features, but they really need a brighter LED to compete.

DJ Pyro
07-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I have 2 of them which work pretty well for me for weddings and the parties I do. I tend to change scanners every 2 - 3 years so the fact the price is so low on them I went ahead and bought them. I've more than made my money back from renting them out so I'm happy. Don't go trying to use 2 of them to light up a large room or a bright room or you'll be disappointed. I prefer moving wash flights for my setup so that is what I'll be going with from now on. I like the color moving around the room instead of having shapes move around.

Synaxis
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
prefer moving wash flights for my setup so that is what I'll be going with from now on. I like the color moving around the room instead of having shapes move around.

But shapes (They are called "gobos" by the way) create some wicked mid-air effects when used with haze :badger: