PDA

View Full Version : Can my T Bar support these lights?

Joel
06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Hi all,

Thinking about getting a Chauvet Intimidator Spot 150 and was wondering if I'd be able to hang it off my T Bar... it's just a bog standard T bar which says it has max load of 30kg but I'm concerened that even though the 150 is 4.2 kg the amount of torque it would be throwing around would make it unsafe to have hanging off my t bar.

Cheers.

Joel

Whines
06-13-2012, 08:43 AM
At very least you'd need to balance it with a fixture of similar weight on the other side. Some folks have made an adapter board to let you sit a moving head on top of a T-bat stand without using the T...I'd trust that more. I think Brian Redd has a video about this on youtube.

Synaxis
06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
These don't seem to be having any problem at all:

Just remember to use safety cables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Gt8Q-3YEo

JPelli73
06-13-2012, 09:21 PM
At very least you'd need to balance it with a fixture of similar weight on the other side. Some folks have made an adapter board to let you sit a moving head on top of a T-bat stand without using the T...I'd trust that more. I think Brian Redd has a video about this on youtube.

^^ this. I just made a pair of adapter plates for my q spot 260s and mounted them on top of some OnStage 150lb-rated speaker stands. Works great!

Pelli