PDA

View Full Version : Xone 92 from china or DJM 900

noize_unit
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Aside from the Xone 92's that were made in the UK, the new ones are apparently made in china, so the question here is if you had to choose between the two mixer would you get Xone 92 (eventhough its not made in UK anymore) or DJM900 (made in Japan), looking at different mixers to upgrade to, DB4 is too pricey for me else itd be said and bought.

Nicadraus
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
The xone92 is nowhere near the capabilities of the Pioneer DJM900. I love that mixer and is awesome! Although the 900 is comparable to the DB4 and not the 92.

noize_unit
06-12-2012, 01:40 PM
The xone92 is nowhere near the capabilities of the Pioneer DJM900. I love that mixer and is awesome! Although the 900 is comparable to the DB4 and not the 92.

Even Sound Quality?

Blueprint
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
djm 900 if you can get a deal on it.. but Xone 92 if you can't.

djpenguin
06-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Even Sound Quality?

The whole "sound quality" debate is pretty over-wrought. Most of the sound coloration in a DJ mixer comes from the phono preamps, and in the modern era where almost everyone is using line-level signals (DVS, sound card, CDs, etc.), the question is largely moot.

You'll notice a difference between bargain-bin brands and more reputable brands, but once you shell out the coin for a decent mixer, the sound quality will be pretty much the same across the board.

There are some exceptions to this rule, companies such as Rodec and Formula Sound make very high-end DJ mixers that have much better sound quality than the rest of the pack, but they are correspondingly expensive, and somewhat rare as well.

To make a long story short, when using line-level signals, there will be no discernable difference between a DJM-900 and Xone:92 in terms of sound quality. The Xone:92 sounds better than the DJM-600 (Pioneer's flagship at the time the 92 was released), but that's not hard to do, seeing as how the DJM-600 sounds like a pile of shit settling slowly in the summer sun.

hoff
06-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm sure the 92 from china is fine, but I'd take a 900 over it for the sound colour fx and fx in general. A more comparable xone in capability and price would be the DB2, which is made in the uk if you're concerned about that.

noize_unit
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
The whole "sound quality" debate is pretty over-wrought. Most of the sound coloration in a DJ mixer comes from the phono preamps, and in the modern era where almost everyone is using line-level signals (DVS, sound card, CDs, etc.), the question is largely moot.

You'll notice a difference between bargain-bin brands and more reputable brands, but once you shell out the coin for a decent mixer, the sound quality will be pretty much the same across the board.

There are some exceptions to this rule, companies such as Rodec and Formula Sound make very high-end DJ mixers that have much better sound quality than the rest of the pack, but they are correspondingly expensive, and somewhat rare as well.

To make a long story short, when using line-level signals, there will be no discernable difference between a DJM-900 and Xone:92 in terms of sound quality. The Xone:92 sounds better than the DJM-600 (Pioneer's flagship at the time the 92 was released), but that's not hard to do, seeing as how the DJM-600 sounds like a pile of shit settling slowly in the summer sun. :D:lol: alright, i thought it would be pretty minimal but wasnt 100%.

I'm sure the 92 from china is fine, but I'd take a 900 over it for the sound colour fx and fx in general. A more comparable xone in capability and price would be the DB2, which is made in the uk if you're concerned about that.

I think the built in sound card would be more of a selling point for me than the FX since i have traktor and the kontrol X1 as well as the filter on my Xone, the reason i dont want the DB2 is the ch LED line indicators and the fact that with the DB4 you can use it as rotary and as line fader setting