PDA

View Full Version : Any good 2 channel scratch mixers released in the last couple of years?

Sigma
06-11-2012, 10:05 PM
I haven't been keeping up with what's new really and most of the equipment sites I look at seem focussed on controllers. I'm probably going to get a new mixer soon, so I was wondering if anything had been released in the last couple of years that's worth a look? The main things I'm looking for is decent build quality, preferably 2 channel, and great for scratching. Obviously I'm aware of lots of scratch mixers, but I dunno if anything new has come out that's slipped under my radar.

djpenguin
06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the latest hotness in scratch-land is really the Innofader (http://innofader.com/index.php), not any particular mixer. It's pretty much completely customizable; you can adjust the curve, cut-in distance, and tension to be exactly the way you want them.

Phi
06-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I have an innofader in my Nuo 2.0 and it is freaking awesome. Check out my setup on page 101 (sys thread) to see how this lets you get an X1 and the Nuo in a 12" footprint. My hotcues can be pressed with my thumb while scratching like a dicer.

funkyfresh
06-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Hmmm... Vestax 05ProIV, Rane 61, Rane 62? All of which are great battle mixers, but very pricey and tailored to be used with a DVS.

sephi
06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
^ What he said. Except for the 61, it's not that good. I'd take the 57 over it any day.

Nicadraus
06-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Like Phi said, the Nuo 2.0 with Innofader would be a really great 2ch mixer. :tup:

richard stringer
06-13-2012, 03:04 AM
If you want the ultimate scratch mixer then get yourself a Rodec Scratchbox, i've got one myself. I can honestly say it's the best mixer i've ever owned or used and i've had more than 30 dj mixers in my life and used many, many more. These include Ecler Hak360, Rane TTM56, Pioneer this and that, Denon, you name it, the Scratchbox has better sound quality than any of them and definately has a better headphone amplifier than absolutely ANY i've used, it's so clean, clear and beautiful sound quality. The faders on it are butter smooth too, it really is an amazing mixer, maybe you could find a used one. I should think if you bought one, you'd probably never need to buy another dj mixer ever again, it really is the daddy, it's expensive but worth every penny.

LJay
06-13-2012, 05:10 AM
I second the Rodec. I've owned it too along Eclers, Pioneers, Ranes, etc,...

^ What he said. Except for the 61, it's not that good. I'd take the 57 over it any day.
You'd take 16bit 44,1Khz mixer over 24bit 48khz, why? To me, the layot is pretty much the same.

alazydj
06-13-2012, 10:31 PM

You'd take 16bit 44,1Khz mixer over 24bit 48khz, why? To me, the layot is pretty much the same.

57 has controls over Scratch Live's software and has more effects than just filters.

To be fair, the 61 is better...because whatever control the 57SL has can be matched with a midi controller.

Jalapeno
06-15-2012, 08:30 PM

cd quality is 16, 44.1 so it really couldnt make it sound better with 24 bit because it was recorded in 16 bit in the first place.

also for mixers, the pioneer djm tt1 is fucking sweet. im saving to buy one right now.