PDA

View Full Version : Feeler - Classic Dance & Deep House

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey all... as some of you may have seen, I came across a huge lot of old dance and deep house records. I know I'm not going to keep a lot of the tracks and wanted to offer them up to the DJ community - I know there are some old skool wax aficionados on here.

Was thinking of just building lots of 50 records for $100 shipped. Thoughts?

djlotus
06-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Are there too many to list? I would love to purchase some of these, but I honestly don't like buying what I don't know if I can't listen first and the condition of the wax is good to know as well. 50 for $100 is a great deal though.

mix4fix
06-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Hey all... as some of you may have seen, I came across a huge lot of old dance and deep house records. I know I'm not going to keep a lot of the tracks and wanted to offer them up to the DJ community - I know there are some old skool wax aficionados on here.

Was thinking of just building lots of 50 records for $100 shipped. Thoughts?

PM me a list bro...

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 11:08 AM
PM me a list bro...

Just picked 'em up yesterday... 15 crates, so likely I will be able to post a list of one crate every few days. There are some labels like Nervous and Strictly Rhythm, there are some major label releases from the 80s/Early 90s with house remixes (i.e. Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey), some early dance like Sheila E., and remixes by Hex Hector, Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia, Thunderpuss, Johnathan Peters and Ralphi Rosario.

mix4fix
06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Just picked 'em up yesterday... 15 crates, so likely I will be able to post a list of one crate every few days. There are some labels like Nervous and Strictly Rhythm, there are some major label releases from the 80s/Early 90s with house remixes (i.e. Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey), some early dance like Sheila E., and remixes by Hex Hector, Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia, Thunderpuss, Johnathan Peters and Ralphi Rosario.

PM me first.

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Are there too many to list? I would love to purchase some of these, but I honestly don't like buying what I don't know if I can't listen first and the condition of the wax is good to know as well. 50 for $100 is a great deal though.

It would be awhile before I could have a list of all 15 crates ready... the records were pretty well taken care.

Totally understand the not buying before listen aspect and that's why I felt $2 a piece was fair because, obviously, when buying a lot of records, there will be a few that aren't that great.

At this point, I can tell you I've run across a lot of Hex Hector, Ralphi Rosario, Johnathan Peters, Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia - on both EDM labels as well as major label artist remix singles.

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
@Mix4Fix... PM'd.

EDIT - also, this is a feeler. I still have to see how much shipping 50 records would cost and all that. I ended up picking up the guys entire lot and have to consider storage space, etc., everything else.

djlotus
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Shipping out 50 would be quite expensive as the weight adds up quick.

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Shipping out 50 would be quite expensive as the weight adds up quick.

True - although I would use media mail and that cuts down on the cost quite a bit. I'll check into the costs to ship etc and I'll come back with a better idea. Cheers.

Bought 55 vinyls and it was like $18 from SD to LA...

MeowMix
06-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I might also be interested (lol everyone from the east coast), will depend on shipping though.

djlotus
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Maybe we can go halves MeowMix? Would need to be some good tunes though.

MeowMix
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Maybe we can go halves MeowMix? Would need to be some good tunes though.

thats actually not a bad idea, especially if 3 of us split the shipping. And yea imma wait for some track names so i can get an idea. Mainly interested in the recent-ish deep house stuff.

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
So, far, its been a lot of mid-to-late 80s/early 90s stuff. Heavy R&B-y influence.

Also, shipping records via Media Mail is relatively inexpensive...

Finnish_Fox
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Here is an example of the first 50 pieces of vinyl. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al6OZWxnSqVkdE9xVjBSZE1rcmtCQ01tUWNhSGtPO Gc#gid=0) I highlighted the lines that compromise double packs.

These are all original pressings, many with original cover and many promo copies as well. Noticing a lot of Hex Hextor, Junior Vasquez, Frankie Knuckles, Danny Tenaglia, Ming & FS, Todd Terry, Timmy Regisford in terms of the names of the remixers.

Keep in mind this isn't a final version of the first batch or anything as I still need to go through these records in a bit more detail for myself. I just wanted to give you an idea of what any random crate might contain in terms of EDM records.

What I'm thinking of doing is going through the records and selecting what I want to keep. I will be cataloging as I go and batch up records in 50 (*I will check on postage) and post them up - it will largely take it or leave it but may accommodate a pretty limited number of swaps (i.e. 5) from any batch. I will figure out the price once all is said and done.

I will also take requests for artists/remixers/labels but that'll end up costing more as there will be a lot of digging/keeping track and all that stuff...

Cheers.

Finnish_Fox
06-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Also, let me know if there is even interest enough to bother cataloging...

mix4fix
06-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Also, let me know if there is even interest enough to bother cataloging...

I told you let me know what you got; I wanna buy some stuff you have anything left after you raided it.

Finnish_Fox
06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I told you let me know what you got; I wanna buy some stuff you have anything left after you raided it.

Hahaha... I linked a copy of the first 50 records I went through. Was just wondering if I should continue cataloging, that's all.

Boomcie
06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I'll probably be interested in picking up some when you get the final list up.

It would probably be easier to just use Discogs to list everything. You can just type in the cat. no. and then add it to your collection. That's a lot easier than typing everything out.

Finnish_Fox
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
I'll probably be interested in picking up some when you get the final list up.

It would probably be easier to just use Discogs to list everything. You can just type in the cat. no. and then add it to your collection. That's a lot easier than typing everything out.

Hadn't thought about that... and was concerned not everything would be on there. Did try to search for a few (briefly).

EDIT - do you know if you can add notes to the entries in your discogs list? I am going to set them up in lots and so it will be helpful to know what record is in which lot.

Boomcie
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah there's an area to add notes

Finnish_Fox
07-21-2012, 09:36 PM
OK, so I've gone through a few crates so far and here is a list of what I'm not really interested in. I will continue to add to it and will update when I do so. First link is a Google Docs excel version of the list. Second link is my Discogs collection with links. A lot of it is David Morales, Danny Tenaglia, Frankie Knuckles, Junior Vasquez, Mousse T, Todd Terry, Tony Humphries remix work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al6OZWxnSqVkdFVRazRkMlhJS3VCUGtOT3pMY090Q nc#gid=0

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=Finnish_Fox

mix4fix
07-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Dibs on "Not Over Yet"

Finnish_Fox
07-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Does anyone have any interest in disco, synth pop and r&b?

I'm getting through the house stuff but I've accumulated 3 crates of "live" music as well.

Dibs on "Not Over Yet"

Sure, its yours.

MeowMix
07-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Most of the stuff looked like pop to me but I'll take another look. It would be great if we could sort the list by artist or genre as well as label.

Maybe be interested in some disco but not the top40 kind.

Finnish_Fox
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
A lot of it is major label pop remixed by those names mentioned above... So, take Deborah Cox, there will be a Frankie Knuckles, junior Vasquez, or David morales remix.

Thought I had mentioned that earlier, sorry if I hadn't.

Tapatalking.

mix4fix
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm curious on what you have.

Finnish_Fox
07-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Yah - its been crazy. I pull up a lot of stuff that, on the surface, I wouldn't be interested in at all but am noticing that the remix work is done by, say, David Morales for Def Mix in 1992. Or this Mariah Carey remixed by David Morales on Columbia. (http://www.discogs.com/Mariah-Carey-I-Still-Believe/release/205635) Or Michael Jackson remixed by Todd Terry. (http://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-Stranger-In-Moscow/release/415252)

As for the disco, I am not very familiar with it or what constitutes top 40 stuff outside what is obviously top 40 - got plenty of Donna Summer and Abba, but there is also a ton of names I've never heard of. I tend to be into the more synthy, early 80s stuff than late 70s stuff so far.

Finnish_Fox
07-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Update - modified the security settings, so now you have access to sort the file as needed.

Also, discogs is real time where the google docs link will be dated.