PDA

View Full Version : Vestax 07 Pro: Maintenance help...

DjLiquitATL
06-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Just sold my working 06 pro...trying to get my 07 pro back to running condition. it's been collecting dust for a good minute. I cleaned all the faders last night and they all work. All my inputs/outputs work including the session in/out BUT i'm having issues with my channel reverse switches and the fader control of channel 1...

i'm assuming the circuit board controlling it needs to be cleaned and tested but it be easier to just by the part...google search UNSUCCESSFUL...

i swapped channel faders to make sure it wasn't the fader. Right channel works...curve control, volume control BUT when i flip the reverse switch it plays sound but doesn't control the loudness at all...weird

anyhow, anyone with experience fixing these mixers please help...reverse switches don't really bother me I just want control over the channel fader again

djpenguin
06-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I've repaired a few 07s before, but I've never encountered that particular problem. If you want to buy a replacement part, you'll likely need to order it from the Vestax parts department. The US distributor for Vestax is American Music and Sound (http://www.americanmusicandsound.com/), so you'll want to talk to them about ordering a replacement part.

If the part is no longer available, your only option will be repair. If that's the case, I would need to see some detailed photos of the front panel PCB to even have a chance of diagnosing the problem remotely.

DjLiquitATL
06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I think I'm going to try to desolder the line faders and reverse switches... clean... resolved and test

DjLiquitATL
06-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I think I was too tired last night. just have one bad line fader... once replaced reverse should work right