PDA

View Full Version : (2x) COLORband PiX Mini vs (1x) COLORband™ PiX

DYM
06-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Which is a better option? 2 Minis or 1 full.. Same price point either way. Please correct me if I am wrong, but according to the specs I should get a more brighter light output with 2 COLORband PiX Minis.

Thanks!

Synaxis
06-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Which is a better option? 2 Minis or 1 full.. Same price point either way. Please correct me if I am wrong, but according to the specs I should get a more brighter light output with 2 COLORband PiX Minis.

Thanks!

I doubt that's true. The Full PiX bar has 12 LEDs, while the Mini has 6.

If you put two Minis together, you should get the same output as the full bar. Likewise, If you turned off half of the full bar, you should get the same output as the Mini.

You won't get double the Lux rating of the Mini for the full bar because of the way it is calculated. All the LED diodes don't directly shine into the Lux meter, and the full bar is more spread out.

Essentially, the full PiX bar has a wider "angle," so it won't show double the Lux rating of the Mini.

I hope that sort of makes sense, but since both of them are from the same products line, and most likely use the same parts and LEDs, two of the Minis should equal the output of the full bar.

DYM
06-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Ok, so should I go with 1 Colorband PiX or 2 Puck 3NX's ?

Synaxis
06-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Ok, so should I go with 1 Colorband PiX or 2 Puck 3NX's ?

I would go with the Colorband PiX. It is more of a "wash" light than the Pucks, and will probably cover a greater area. Plus, the Pucks might be a little too bright.

DYM
06-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I would go with the Colorband PiX. It is more of a "wash" light than the Pucks, and will probably cover a greater area. Plus, the Pucks might be a little too bright.

If anything I can always add the Pucks for brightness with dmx... Colorband PiX seems the way to go I guess :)

sss18734
06-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Going with more of the mini's gives you more flexibility, especially if you have to wash a large area. Otherwise, the full size bars are more convenient.