PDA

View Full Version : Possible to link this up to my Apple Netbook?

stano
06-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Hey, I have a Gemini CDM 3600 and have had it for about 2 years now and I would just like to know if there's any chance I could link it up to my Apple Netbook?

Thanks.

Here's a picture of the back of the Gemini CDM 3600:
http://www.musicpalace.ru/img/pic/3626_big.jpg

Synergy
06-08-2012, 11:52 PM
link it up how? like with a DVS, yes.

Synergy
06-08-2012, 11:54 PM
possible to hook it up to record, yes as well, take the record or master out and connect it via a headphone jack to your netbook, change the audio jack port from output to input, u can now record in Audacity, which is free. :) or even garage band.

njoi!

stano
06-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I mean like hook it up to my Apple Netbook so that it's connected to DJing programs such as traktor and virtualDJ?

Thanks.

JohnXVI
06-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Yes. As Synergy said, you can use DVS which are applications such as Traktor, VDJ etc.

stano
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes. As Synergy said, you can use DVS which are applications such as Traktor, VDJ etc.

Ok, so, If I set my Gemini 3600 up like shown in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHkEbZGpDsc&feature=player_embedded#!

Then I would be able to play songs on the Gemini's from virtual DJ?

Thanks.

Synergy
06-09-2012, 04:11 PM
not quite like that if you have a dvs. the interface would be USB no audio cables needed. The audio box for the chosen dvs, if u decided to get the audio box would allow you to connect with your computer via usb. this would be a better quality audio an work wayyyyy better and allow you to perhaps use midi commands with ur gemini, if it is available.

Andrew B
06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
No, you cannot.

jmack953
06-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Looks like the answer has been well said. No, you cannot. :) In all sincerity of course, no, you need to have a controller/interface to be able to run softwares like VDJ, Traktor, Serato, MixVibes, etc... Now, if you had a USB port on the back of that thing, then there would at least perhaps be the option to midi map it to control the software, but this Gemini does not give that capability. Now, since you can't control the software with this unit, the only thing you can do is run the audio from the software (you'de have to control via mouse or keyboard), from your Netbook into the input channel on your Gemini, and treat it like a regular mixer. (Not controller, just mixer)