PDA

View Full Version : A&H Xone 22 Faders - Mix or Scratch?

bobbyd
06-07-2012, 08:27 AM
So I have a quick question - related to my other topic. I have been checking out some entry level mixer options, and it looks like the xone 22 might be a good option, but my question is this:

Are the channel faders on the xone 22 linear - or are they set up like a scratch mixer where they just come in super quick? Any info would be great. Thanks,

Bob.

bobbyd
06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Based on the research I did - it seems pretty obvious that they are specifically mix faders. If any one else has any other opinions - let me know, but I answered my own question.

djpenguin
06-07-2012, 01:21 PM
The channel faders on the Xone:22 have a similar curve to the other offerings in the Xone lineup. The crossfader is a cheap piece of trash that will wear out in less than a year, even if you don't scratch.

Personally, I recommend that folks stay away from the Xone:22 due to its history of poor quality control. There are other basic mixers one can buy at the same price point that are much better.

bobbyd
06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
What else would you recommend? I haven't really heard much about its history of poor quality - most people seem to think it is a nice piece of kit. What issues does this have besides the cross fader?

Synergy
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I have had my 22 for over 2 years, no problem with the fader, still as good as DAY ONE. you can adjust the curve (one button, slow fade or cut) and it is an immediate flat volume when it is set to cut. it would be great for scratching, its pretty loose and works well. i dont scratch so i dont know what to look for but you could do it for sure.

John Veselsky
06-07-2012, 05:24 PM
The stock cross fader isn't good enough. You can fit a Innofader in it though. The only problem may be the filter buttons.

bobbyd
06-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I actually desire something to mix with. I am not a scratch dj. I was more curious about the channel faders, verses the cross fader...

Synergy
06-07-2012, 07:47 PM
there IS a problem with the filter buttons. if its set for high pass it adds more bass to the mix and if its low pass it adds more highs, strange and u can hear it engage if its in monitor, never had a problem with it with main out though.

DJ Nutty
06-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Had my xone 22 since day one too, and no issues at all with any of the faders. I dont use the cross fader at all, but some of my friends use it.

Yeah the filter engage click, and the noticeable extra bass that comes on is a bit annoying. I try and only engage it when a channels not audible.
Its a great beginner mixer though, I moved up from a numark piece of rubbish and I love the xone 22 to bits. It sounds great and what it does, it does well for the price.

Synergy, are you saying the extra bass from the filter only affects the monitor out, not the main outs ?

Jalapeno
06-15-2012, 08:51 PM
there IS a problem with the filter buttons. if its set for high pass it adds more bass to the mix and if its low pass it adds more highs, strange and u can hear it engage if its in monitor, never had a problem with it with main out though.

if you change it from wild to mild that should stop. that the high q of the filter. its a little bump right before the cutoff.

bobbyd
06-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Just got my xone:22 on friday and I can say that the faders are definitely for mixing - nice smooth linear curve. Only noticed the popping a little in the headphones, and I think it was in the "wild" setting. Amazing sound quality.