PDA

View Full Version : Audio Technica ATLP120?

DJ DirtySox
06-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Hey Im thinking about getting rid of my numark tt200s because I think they are ugly and I want something that looks better and with a bit more features. I want to know basically if they are better in terms of sound quality and build quality, dont get me wrong I think the tt200 is the best turntable you can get if your on a budget and have served me well for 2 years, but what really worries is that the atlp120 has a built in preamp and no grounding wires so will there be a humming noise and will the preamp conflict with the preamp in the mixer?

DTR
06-06-2012, 02:49 AM
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?4866-AT-LP120-TECHNICS-look-alikes

They will be grounded, but it will be done internally so there's no external ground wire.
The preamps will only conflict if you plug one into the other. You can either plug the turntable's phono out into your mixer's phono in or plug the turntable's line out into your mixer's line in.

DJ DirtySox
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Ok, so it doesnt need to be grounded and if I plug it into the phono in on my mixer there will be no conflict? And thats better that its grounded internally right, no wories about it coming loose? Overall do you think its better than the tt200?

DTR
06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
No it doesn't need to be grounded.
If you use the Phono out you'll be fine.
The benefits of internal ground are debatable but generally speaking yes, it will be more reliable.
I've never used a ATLP120 so I don't know how good they are. But I have used the TT200 a lot and I don't like them.