PDA

View Full Version : Mixing tech-house

Psychogenics
06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
can anyone share their tricks and tips while mixing this genre. example: order of taking away and adding lows mids and highs, use of effects. I hear a lot of tech house dj's using a delay and reverb just before the drops.

g-sep
06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Eq will depend on the 2 tracks. I mix mostly tech these days and I find that taking out a little highs and mid, and fully killing the bass works well. Bring in the track through a phrase while keeping an eye on the levels. Take some volume away from the first track if necessary to keep the levels steady. I'll usually swap the highs over a phrase, then the mods. Then either swap the bass slowly or quick on 1 beat. The bass is dependant on the 2 tracks.

Another thing to keep in mind is the drum rhythms. If both tracks are busy then quick swaps will work. If one or both tracks are simple then slow swaps will work. Again this is all about your interpretation and where you are going with the mix.

Hit me up with a pm and I'll point you in the direction of different sorts of tech djs and some of my own stuff as well.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2