PDA

View Full Version : Proper Newbie here...Is it too soon?

CReevesy
06-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Alright, first time post. VERY new to djing
Been getting my head stuck into djing tips, ways, kit, how to's, and all sorts past few days.
Gonna go for a set of USB controllers as most of my music is on my laptop, but.
Is it too soon? Do i need to get more clued up on what everything does, or should i just get stuck in and learn with the kit.
Don't want to go forking this money out and be told got the wrong stuff, too soon.
Cheers x

Also sets im interested in is the reloop mixage controller, and same but interface edition... good kit? anything cheaper for better?
Any help is apreciated.

DJ DirtySox
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I did about 5 months research before I bought anything, like what gear I wanted, what had the best bang for its buck, the basics of what the equipment did and what it couldnt do. And that payed off because I changed my mind a lot of times. I like to know as much about something before I buy it to make sure.

And I really cant tell you much about controllers as I dont use them, but I guess Hercules rmx is decent cheap controller as well as vestax spin they are all in the same price range.

Waterbeat
06-06-2012, 06:13 AM
To use a laptop you'll need DJ software. Most of these packages have a provision to run the software without a controller, using hotkeys and the mouse. I suggest you research the software first, then buy it and learn it's features with just the laptop. Doing this first, it'll be easier to decide which controller features are important to you.