PDA

View Full Version : The Official: Whats The Funniest Thing Thats Ever Happened To You While DJing?

JohnnyGraz
02-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd say that the funniest thing to ever happen to me YET, would be a drunk girl at the bar I play at started dancing on the tables fell over and hit all the outlets, ripping the plugs out. The entire dancefloor went dark and silent.

At the time, not very funny at all, but looking at it in retrospect, hilarious

Funniest part is that I had set up the tables in the first place to BLOCK people from the area where all the cords/speakers were.

technics_wilson
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
My trousers and boxers got pulled down by a mate once, luckily i am a nice chap and seen the funny side to it :P

thehadgi
02-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd say that the funniest thing to ever happen to me YET, would be a drunk girl at the bar I play at started dancing on the tables fell over and hit all the outlets, ripping the plugs out. The entire dancefloor went dark and silent.

Funniest part is that I had set up the tables in the first place to BLOCK people from the area where all the cords/speakers were. WOW!

Dang, that was funny for you? I'd be so pissed and worried about my amps...

Although if it wasn't me I would've laughed at the girl heh

JohnnyGraz
02-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Dang, that was funny for you? I'd be so pissed and worried about my amps...

Although if it wasn't me I would've laughed at the girl heh

Haha it was a house system and I knew the girl. The bar seemed to get a hell of a laugh out of it. I was actually fuming until the other Resident DJ came up and said it was alright and helped me plug everything back in. I got on the mic and told everybody to give her a nice round of applause. Hilarious haha

Buszaj
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I once had a girl straight up ask me if I wanted to f*ck.

Other than that, it's been a mix of stupid requests, people swearing at me, power getting tripped....but that shit ain't funny.

DjFloMatic
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Girl dancing on stage dropped and did a split pretty much stripper still then fell backwards off the stage LMAO I had to run to bathroom after that hilarious!

unknown00
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
some (gay?) guy asked me for a blowie

DJ Watty
02-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I never drink. I got so basted at a back yard BBQ gig (people I knew) that I woke up at 3AM in a panic because I didnt know where my gear was. I later found out it took 3 people to carry to my camper. And then they all pitched in and packed my stuff for me. The pictures say it all...... Maybe I will be brave enough to post them another day. lol

Tonitz
02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I ejected the CD that was playing to a fairly full club.....

:lush:

:music:

:facepalm:

Matt Ush
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Dropped the unedited version at an elementary school dance infront of kids, parents and faculty by mistake. "I just shitted on em..if I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on em"

Jrock
02-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Dropped the unedited version at an elementary school dance infront of kids, parents and faculty by mistake. "I just shitted on em..if I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on em"
nice lol.

Ignotus
02-08-2012, 08:51 PM
read a story, not mine.... that someone played a mentally handycapped persons bday party, and brought his friend along, the main dj stepped out for a smoke, and the other guy threw a track on... only instead of playing the "lets get it started in here" he played the "dirty" version... "lets get retarded in here"... yah, didnt get paid for that one.

monomer
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I dropped "mahna mahna" at one of the bigger local clubs. (got the original on 45)

Laughter and odd looks made it. Then the WTF moment when I went into Basstronic.

I was playing an opening set, eff it. I had fun!

MeowMix
02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I was DJing and bar tending at a small family wedding. I mixed tasks instead of tracks, poured wine into the laptop. Good thing i had a back up laptop right there setup and ready to go.

Era 7
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
was banging out some heavy electro & progressive house set when some drunk ass dude walks up to me and asks me to play this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvgZwsDK1c

sure enough he couldn't remember nor pronounce the title so he did the obvious: half humming and speaking words of the text.
awkward silence on my part.

KLH
03-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Bump!

Hygro
03-23-2018, 01:17 AM
Man that EDM trash track "Epic" had just come out and I was going to break the record on a bunch of 18 yr old electro kids. Buildup was snapping hard and I go "oh shi I better cue up the next track" and of course hit eject on the CD playing the song right as the drop hit. Took 30 minutes to win back my crowd from the side room.

Ausumm
04-06-2018, 03:08 PM
My very first wedding, I was playing dinner music when the entire wedding party got up and walked out.
I figured they were going for a smoke...
until ALL OF THE GUESTS followed them outside.
Five minutes later, they all came back in.
Found out from a groomsman that the bride's ex boyfriend decided to crash the wedding...
so the groom decided to take him out back and kick the sh*t out of him!

Ausumm
04-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Another one.
I was hired to do weddings for twin sisters.
The first was held in their back yard.
In the middle of the ceremony, a very long and noisy train passed by the end of their yard.
The minister and the guests laughed it off, and went on with the ceremony.
Fast forward to a year later...the second twins wedding.
To avoid the train issue, they held their reception at a Country Club.
Since it was the same family, the invocation was done by the same minister at the first wedding.
I waited until half way through his prayer, and played the sound effect of a freight train horn AT FULL VOLUME.
The best part was watching the minister, the family, and half of the guests laughing hysterically...
while the other half (who weren't at the previous wedding) sat there completed dumbfounded.

Hygro
04-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Haha that's twisted.