PDA

View Full Version : Beginner headphone recommendations

Ben Dickson
06-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Beginner DJ with little to no experience. Hoping for advice regarding headphones.

Have heard good things about Sennheiser HD25s, should I believe the hype?

Cheers!

noize_unit
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Set a budget on how much you can/willing to spend on headphones, Go to a store nearby and try on a bunch, find which ones you perfer, find the best deal (online or otherwise), profit? :D

Dont buy headphones based off hype, buy headphones based on what works for you

Buszaj
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
There's no hype about the Sennheisers. They're just one of the best DJ headphones on the market, period.

But as said above, do go and try a bunch of pairs on, see which ones are most comfortable for you. Other quality recommendations include Pioneer HDJ 1000/2000, Allen & Heath XD-25, Ultrasone DJ1, AiAiAi TMA-1.

Nicadraus
06-04-2012, 02:50 PM
To the OP: There is no such thing as beginner headphones. Buy what you think sounds good for you and always consider sturdiness.

There's no hype about the Sennheisers. They're just one of the best DJ headphones on the market, period.

Agreed! :tup:

bumpyjonas
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
How much are looking to spend quality headphones start in the $150.00 and up price range. I am currently using the Allen Heath XD 53 's, and give my endorsement on this product.

Taptalking with the IPhone...

Atomisk
06-09-2012, 02:29 AM
+1 for Senn HD25s. Don't go for the HDJ-2000s - these blow them away. The HD25s don't feel as heavy duty but they're actually pretty sturdy, more light (They'll clamp around your head much better - i find my Xone XD-53s sliding off constantly. And also, I believe that all the parts are user replaceable, so you can just order replacements for broken parts online. I currently alternate between HD25s + earplugs and my Westone UM3x IEMs, depending on the enviroment and situation.

pete
06-09-2012, 05:27 AM
HD25s = loads of hype - but in this case the hype is true.

they will last you decades, work well and it is not a major financial outlay.

even a beginner can start out with the best, it is worth the few extra bucks for something that never needs replacing or upgrading.