PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Me Some Fixtures Please? :3

Tektonix
06-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Hey fella's, So im not to good when it comes to keeping up to date and knowing what's what when it comes to lighting so I hope you guys could point me in the right direction :)

Im looking for about 6-8 puck/par type fixtures, LED, Something that wont wash the fuck out of the place but not to the point where its more of a pin spot, so something in the middle of that. Im using them for my basement to mount on the celling and tilt them on an angle a bit all around the room (some straight down, some tilted to the wall some tilted this way and that way) which is why I don't want them to be to washy, DMX and Do Whatever They Want Mode is needed as I don't really wanna baby sit DMX all the time however if they ever leave the house ill need the DMX. I dont really want to spend much over $100 a fixture if I don't have to. The less expensive the better for me and my wallet :lol:

I just have no idea when it comes to these lights so yeah :) Any help is greatly appreciated.

DJ Higgumz
06-03-2012, 09:48 PM
For in your house you could go led strip lighting, search it in parts express. But you said you would use it at gigs also AND you don't want much dmx attention. That's pretty tough to work with, because anything that you would use in your house wouldn't be bright enough for gigs. You could use a dmx controller to dim it, but still you would have these big par 64s hanging off your ceiling.

It really comes down to the right tool for the job, but if you don't mind the excessive brightness or dmx controlling then get some led 64s or 56s. 56s won't be good for uplighting in gyms though, if that's what your after. I personally like the chauvet rains, though I think they're discontinued. You can then use a 3 channel controller chauvet makes for them to simplify dmx.

I wouldnt overlook the strip lighting idea for your house though. its remote controlled, and can be done for around 50$

Synaxis
06-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Blizzard Pucks: http://www.blizzardlighting.com/index.php/puckmenu

$99 each.

With the Chauvet Obey 3 to control them: http://www.chauvetlighting.com/obey-3

DJ Higgumz
06-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Yep the obey is what I meant. I'm not too sure it works with all lights, just chauvets rains and flat pars, as they advertise. But then again you set the fixtures to slave to work with it. so maybe it just mimics the signal from a light set to master. Do your research!

Synaxis
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Yep the obey is what I meant. I'm not too sure it works with all lights, just chauvets rains and flat pars, as they advertise. But then again you set the fixtures to slave to work with it. so maybe it just mimics the signal from a light set to master. Do your research!

The Obey3 works with ALL DMX compatible fixtures which can be set to a three channel mode, for Red, Green, and Blue.

It dose't work master/slave. It's a DMX controller. Master/slave only applies to fixtures, where one or more slaves mimic the master.

Once you add a controller into the mix, you can't mimic it, because it's not a fixture.

DJ Higgumz
06-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Someone bsed me then along the line! Are most pars 3 ch capable? Sorry kind of hijacking ;)

Synaxis
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Someone bsed me then along the line! Are most pars 3 ch capable? Sorry kind of hijacking ;)

They should be, but check the manuals to be sure.

SummitAudioDJ
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Sounds like these are exactly what you are looking for in your basement however they would be useless at a mobile gig. But for only $50 each you can save up for some better lights to gig with.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ADJP36LED

These are small, easy to hang, have built in sound and auto modes, won't be very bright and cheap.

Tektonix
06-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Blizzard pucks look like they might be a bit overkill for my house (i love them for gigs though), Ill just stick to my colour strips for washing at gigs. However for the house those ADJP36LED's look perfect for what i need them for :) Very affordable might get a few more than expected :) Thanks for all the help guys, Apreciate it :tup:

Reps Given :)