PDA

View Full Version : LED up/down lighting lease deal?

sobi
06-03-2012, 02:50 PM
So I have a situation where a place I DJ at has loved my lights so much, they were throwing around the idea of maybe buying some themselves. I've been toying around with the idea of maybe offering them a deal to lease some lights from me. Then, at the end of the contract, I get to walk away with some lights that have either been paid off by them, or had a percentage of them paid by the venue. What I would be looking at is installing somewhere between 4-10 LED bars (ADJ mega bar 50 rc, ADJ mega bar rc, or Chauvet Colorrails) depending on what they want to do, and how much they want to spend.

Any of you guys had any experience doing something like this? How much could I charge them for leasing them? How long should I make the contract for? Is any of this even a viable option? I'd love to hear from you guys with some more experience in the rental field.

Dave Daschofsky
06-04-2012, 09:01 AM
I've known a few guys who brought their own gear to the bar they spin at and let the bar do a lease to own option to buyout the gear.

Dj DRPX
06-04-2012, 10:05 AM
I have not had experience doing this, but I think you could get a good deal leasing them. Check out local rental rates and go slightly below that depending on how long you make the contract for. I would do a week - a month just to try it out, then consider doing it longer, or on a monthly basis they have to renew their lease with you or something. I think it is a very viable option because I've heard of guys that bring their own speakers and lights to a bar and get paid a lot for a single gig just because the bar pays for their equipment. I thinking you'd be able to pay off the lights fairly quick.