PDA

View Full Version : Guessing the price of Denon SC2900

borrow
06-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Hello guys,

What do you guy gues the new Denon sc2900 are going to cost?
I see that shops are retailing the Denon dn-s3700 for around 680euro's.
So i think the sc2900 will be below that, what do you guys think?
Because i am thinking of buying 2 second hand s3700 for 890euro's or should i just wait and see what the price of the sc2900 are going to be.

DJ Riddims
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't know about the price of the sc2900s. Though, as an owner of the dn-s1200 I think you should avoid the 3700s due to their rubber buttons and hold out for the sc2900. The rubbers buttons stick and will give you trouble when setting up your cues.

You have the best favorite track ever, Gotta catch em all, lol

borrow
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
You have the best favorite track ever, Gotta catch em all, lol

Thanks;) , yea i think i am gonna wait. The 2900 should have really good mappings for traktor and good support, the 3700's firmware doesn't get anymore updates.

Hope someone can do a good gues of the price i am interested ;)

brichi
06-03-2012, 05:15 PM
from the looks of it, i wouldnt pay more then $400-$500

Tektonix
06-03-2012, 06:16 PM
$300-$500 Im thinking, It looks like a DNS-900 with a light ring (Fisher Price Edition) :lol: I dont like it very much but ahwell

DJ Highline
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Look for it to be street price at about $7 - 800 US. Its basically a SC3900 without the added cost of the motorized platter and slip mode for everybody who is into that sort of thing.

roguedna
06-04-2012, 05:06 AM
£500-£650 per unit,

The higher end would be to near price wise to a new DNS3700.

@ £400 per unit I would be a little irritated. Due to the fact my DNS1200 are a year old today and cost me £770 for a pair. Like computer parts (not always as fast thou :uhoh: ), technology moves on. Waiting for the next part to be released, isn't always feasible ;) for every one. Best to spent what's in budget and fits your needs at that time. But @ borrow you mite not have to wait long to find out :) what the SC2900 offer vs the options your looking at.

Checking out some of the upgraded spec's over my DNS1200: hot cues , engine (software), Wave form display, bigger platter, no more rubber play/cue buttons etc. I believe it should cost more than £400 per unit.

But is it a replacement for the DNS1200, or another active unit in Denon line up that's another question? As Music Manager Software (software) used for the DNS1200/3700 is no longer updated. I would really like it to be free open source code, and the user base able to update it (wish full thinking I know). Now that engine is in play (for SC3900 and SC2900)

nevin
06-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Around $700 to undercut the price of CDJ 900s but still get what its worth (assuming build quality is good)

Here is the preview vid for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WTZ6Q__4zzE#!

borrow
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Around $700 to undercut the price of CDJ 900s

700$ would be a really good price if they convert it too euro's that would be 560euro's.
seriously gonna buy them for that price. i wil just get a "budget mixer and i am done for 1300/1400 euro's.

roguedna
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
700$ would be a really good price if they convert it too euro's that would be 560euro's.
seriously gonna buy them for that price. i wil just get a "budget mixer and i am done for 1300/1400 euro's.

Na we always get ripped off in england, the Euro zone is nearly as bad.

3900 USA = http://www.agiprodj.com/denon-sc3900.html ($999.00)

3900 Euro = http://www.thomann.de/gb/denon_dn_sc3900.htm (Euro 985.00)

3900 UK = http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdplayers/denon/SC3900 (£949.00)

The bad thing is Thomman ship to the UK @ £795.56 inc shipping and Tax

1300-1400 euro for CD players + mixer ?

borrow
06-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Na we always get ripped off in england, the Euro zone is nearly as bad.
Yea if posible i am gonna ship stuff from usa if sending isn't gonna be sick amound. I mean in the usa they ask the same for a item only they do it in dollars so thats 20% cheaper...

1300-1400 euro for CD players + mixer ?
And 1300-1400 is pretty good if the cdj's 500/550 euros that leaves me with 300/400 for a mixer. i could get a american audio mx-1400 for it. The reloop rmx40 maybe a behringer:P, or find a pretty decent 2 channel mixer.

DJ Highline
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Yea if posible i am gonna ship stuff from usa if sending isn't gonna be sick amound. I mean in the usa they ask the same for a item only they do it in dollars so thats 20% cheaper...

The problem with that is warranty and voltage...Many companies won't honor the warranty in country that unit wasn't bought in. SO that would mean if you had a problem, you would have to either pay for the repair yourself or ship it back over seas...either way you lose...

roguedna
06-05-2012, 12:47 PM
The problem with that is warranty and voltage...Many companies won't honor the warranty in country that unit wasn't bought in. SO that would mean if you had a problem, you would have to either pay for the repair yourself or ship it back over seas...either way you lose...

Indeed, warranties can be an issue region to region and in most cases (depending on the country) the retailer should handle returns for the first year. But not all, a number of factors may effect it. After all most of these manufacturer are selling/supplying the global market

http://www.agiprodj.com/faq.php?CDpath=0&cID=5#9

Are you available to help international customers?

We would love to help everybody throughout the world, especially via our chat tool and email. But unless you plan to make a purchase from us - AND have a friend, family member, or other way to forward products to you within the United States - we simply don’t have the resources or the staff available to help you. Plus, manufacturers don’t allow it. It’s not that we don’t like you. It’s nothing personal. It’s just the rules.

As an Authorized U.S. dealer for everything we sell, manufacturers will not allow us to ship outside of the US. (unless you have an APO/FPO - overseas US Military Mail). There are dealers in other countries that have paid the taxes and import duties on the goods they sell. A Canadian Dealer is authorized in Canada. A UK dealer is authorized to sell in the UK, etc. At agiprodj we play by the rules. We hear of other dealers shipping all over the world. As much as we would like to, we are unwilling to jeopardize the good relationships we have with our manufacturers. If we could help each and every person that contacts us, we would gladly do so.

We hope you’ll respect and understand our policy.

Importing new goods into a country normally will carry some form of tax.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/help_center/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-the-Netherlands/

Duty Rates

The duty rates applied to imports into the Netherlands typically range between 0% (for example books) and 17% (for example Wellington Boots). Some products, such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game consoles, are duty free. Certain goods may be subject to additional duties depending on the country of manufacture, for example Bicycles made in China carry an additional (anti dumping) duty of 48.5%.

http://www.government.nl/issues/export-import-and-costums/import-taxes

Import taxes

When goods are brought into the Netherlands from a country outside the European Union (EU), Customs charges tax on them. The amount of tax depends on the country of origin and the kind of product.

And 1300-1400 is pretty good if the cdj's 500/550 euros that leaves me with 300/400 for a mixer. i could get a american audio mx-1400 for it. The reloop rmx40 maybe a behringer:P, or find a pretty decent 2 channel mixer.

Looks like you want a mixer with effects/midi and you have set a budget. Its always easy to want something more (upping the cost :lol: ) but finding that bargain will be key within your price range. Good hunting :tup:

hoff
06-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Dj77 wrote: Mike did say it would be less the 3900 am guessing between 799 to 899?

Reply: well depends what currency you are referring to, inc vat or not, and whether it's RRP or not :)
Lets just says it's reasonable amount lower than the 3900 ok !?

Mike is a denon mod on their forums... so I'm guessing around 800-900.

seb.dj
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM
See them in store (thomann.de) for 966 EURO WHAT????

that is 50 euro less then the SC3900; who will chose the sc2900 over the sc3900 then?!?!?