PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mixer advice technics 1200 setup something for scratching and sampling

rokuez
06-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Looking for mixer advice technics 1200 setup something for scratching and sampling

I'm thinking of going with a rane ttm56

And I'd want something analog I'm not interested in having Serrato built in or a digital mixer
I'll probably just end up getting a traktor USB or Serrato USB device

Just a mixer so I can hookup two technics mk2s , hookup speakers , plug mic into, and sample from With 1/4 outs

What is a high end , mid, and low end

DJ DirtySox
06-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Id get an ecler hak 360 or 380, cheaper than the rane unless you buy used and I think the cross fader is better. My buddy samples with the hak 360 and shure m447 needle and I sampled a few stuff with my 380. And the stuff sounds pretty good, mind you that there are a bunch of hiphop songs sampled on lower quality gear, well anyways he samples using a tech 1210 and a ecler hak 360 and an mpc1000 and I use a numark tt200 and an ecler hak 380 and audacity and recycle and stuff sounds pretty good as well.

The eternal fader is just insanely smooth and light, its a magnetic fader like the rane so it will probably last forever and it even comes with a 5 year warranty on the crossfader, the lag adjust and curve is amazing and the mixer is just plainly gorgeous and for the fact that is not common.

bumpyjonas
06-06-2012, 01:04 AM
The Rane TTM56 can be had used for fairly cheap.

richard stringer
06-07-2012, 04:07 AM
If you want the best, in terms of fader quality, sound quality and build quality then get yourself a Rodec Scratchbox. I've owned Ecler, Vestax, Rane, Allen & Heath, you name it, the Rane TTM56S is the 2nd best mixer i've ever used, but the Rodec is even better, it has amazing sound quality you need to hear to understand, the headphone amplifier on it is the cleanest, clearest, most pristine sound quality i've ever heard on any dj mixer, there's absolutely masses of headroom, the faders are butter smooth and just amazing to use, doing crab scratches for example it's like there's no fader there, it's that smooth.