PDA

View Full Version : ev sxa100+s and proel flash15sa vs yorkville excursion 1000 system?

spicaly
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
anyone have any usage with any of the above? Im looking for a very compact system and kinda have both options available in the same price range

Al Poulin
02-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Are the Proels still available? I thought they had been discontinued. I would prefer seperate (and independantly powered) tops and a sub to an all-in-one system powered by a single amplifier. I don't like the fact that if the amplifier that powers everything goes down, you are pretty much screwed. With powered tops and a powered sub however, the show can go on if one of the speakers fails...

The EVs are good speakers but seem to be on the expensive side. I would get RCF 312As instead (if you can find them at their 400$ price) and couple those with a good sub. Even the 310As would be as good IF you always bring your sub. They are also ultra compact. I absolutely love mine (used with a sub). The single Proel sub and a set of 310As would make a great compact system. You may eventually want a second Proel as a single one won't keep up with the output the RCFs are capable of.

Al

spicaly
02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback Al... I was able to pick up the Ev's from a friend for $200 for the pair, and theres a few dealers online selling the proel's for around $500... The place I used to rent the excursion system from told me they'd sell me the rental system I was using for $1000

so wasnt sure if I should sell the Ev's and go with the excursion system or just add on the powered proel... I was really happy with the yorkville system, but like you said the only thing that worries me is if the amp dies, that kills my party

Al Poulin
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback Al... I was able to pick up the Ev's from a friend for $200 for the pair, and theres a few dealers online selling the proel's for around $500... The place I used to rent the excursion system from told me they'd sell me the rental system I was using for $1000

so wasnt sure if I should sell the Ev's and go with the excursion system or just add on the powered proel... I was really happy with the yorkville system, but like you said the only thing that worries me is if the amp dies, that kills my party

Wow! You got a really good deal on those EVs. Keep them for sure... Simply add a decent sub and you're good to go! Whichever sub you get, make sure to set it close to a wall or even shooting in a corner to get the maximum output out of it - especially if you only get one for the moment. Good luck!

Al

spicaly
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
awesome thank you again for the advice