PDA

View Full Version : Kontrol S2 + Mono 31-band EQ + GX5

DJ Sunshine
05-30-2012, 08:27 PM
First off, I misspoke when I said it's a mono EQ. I meant that it only has a single set of inputs/outputs, not L/R

Now then,

Normally I'm pretty good with this type of stuff, but I am a little confused about how to go about setting all this stuff up. The S2 has twin 1/4in. TRS outs that would run into the EQ's single 1/4in. TRS input or single XLR input. From there, I'm assuming it would go into one input channel of the GX5 via either the single XLR or TRS outputs on the EQ. And I'm also going to assume that I would need a TRS jumper cable to go send the signal to channel 2 as well, as I will be running the amp with the crossover engaged. Did I miss anything or are all my ducks in a row? I want to ask before I go spend more money on the right cabling.

windspeed36
05-30-2012, 08:54 PM
How many channels does it have? Most GEQ's are mono but have 2 channels. If you only have a single channel EQ then you either run your system in mono or don't run the GEQ because an EQ'd channel and an un EQ'd channel won't work well together.

DJ Sunshine
05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
How many channels does it have? Most GEQ's are mono but have 2 channels. If you only have a single channel EQ then you either run your system in mono or don't run the GEQ because an EQ'd channel and an un EQ'd channel won't work well together.

I ran the system in mono before I got the EQ. The amp switches to a mono signal as soon as the built-in crossover is engaged. The EQ has 1 XLR and 1 TRS input and 1 XLR and TRS output, not dual ins/outs. I was thinking I could also just run the TRS output into channel 1 of the amp and then run the XLR output into channel 2 of the amp.