PDA

View Full Version : Cdj 400 good for a cheap dj setup

rokuez
05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking of getting some cdj 400s for a Cheap dj setup

I don't want to have a pricey laptop for the rig and the USB aspect is crucial because I'm not into CDs
Anyone else have a cdj 400 setup what mixer do u use?

Is there a more portable cheap setup?

Tektonix
05-30-2012, 07:14 PM
I have a pair of CDJ400's, I Like them lots, My only complaint about them is that compared to other newer set-ups ive had and used they feel a bit dated, Like going from DNS-1200's (another great budget deck to look into btw, small and portable yet packed with features, about the same price as CDJ400's)I can notice the difference in the technology and such between the two as the denon is allot newer. I love the CDJ's though don't get me wrong.

As for more cheap portable stuff, a MIDI controller such as the VCI 300 mk2 or other Vestax Controllers, Novation Twitch, Denon's MC series (and the DNS1200 as mentioned above), Pioneer Ergo, NI S2 and if you have a bit more money the pioneer controllers are fantastic aswell. Im just suggesting MIDI controllers as they are about as inexpensive and portable as its gonna get without buying shitty gear (:

Nicadraus
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
CDJ-400 takes forever to read flash drives/sticks higher than 4gb. So you might want to consider getting something newer especially if you plan to use the USB function as your main source input. The CDJ-350 reads much faster. Also as mentioned, the Denon DN-s1200 is another good option. :)

DJ SB
05-31-2012, 12:13 AM
In all honesty, with anything less than 2000s or 900s, I'd rather use my laptop and S4. You might want to consider a cheap laptop and S2. 400s are fine, but as others have said (sort of), they feel like shit compared to a 2000.