PDA

View Full Version : New Business card

djshellyshell
05-30-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm thinking of getting this as a new Business card. Is it too much? I like a simple but not plain look. Let me know what you guys think.

Synergy
05-30-2012, 08:32 AM
looks good but its too dark, the water and the black background are dark! liven the color up just a little, maybe a gradient from grey to black from the water up? and keep the water? Change the epic to a different color so it doesnt clash with the gradient?

djshellyshell
05-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks... considering most of the time I will hand these out in dim light, that is a good point.

DJ Highline
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Raise the "DJ Lighting Photo Booth" part. Its sitting just a little lower than the info part and put an "and" before the last service you offer. Also try to come up with a 4th service to put there...4 things just reads better... Maybe "DJs, Lighting, Photo Booths & Uplighting"

nevin
05-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Is it only one sided with white on the back?
Id get rid of the water, put the entertainment logo much bigger and in the centre, mover the red sound bars (are they buildings?) to the very bottom and make them larger. Then i'd put the contact details on the back.

Party out the front (logo), business out the back (info)

BOOM

Marc S
05-31-2012, 02:29 AM
i'll move this to the graphic forum,

on topic, be aware that it will print darker probably, so the grey squares in the sky will most likely be hard to or impossible to see.

Manu
05-31-2012, 03:38 AM
Also save your file in .tiff format for best printing results...

sobi
05-31-2012, 08:30 AM
looks good but its too dark, the water and the black background are dark! liven the color up just a little, maybe a gradient from grey to black from the water up? and keep the water? Change the epic to a different color so it doesnt clash with the gradient?

IMO, gradient is a bad idea. Your going to lose the efficiency in which those colors pop on the top if they are behind a grey gradient. On the flip side, it will in turn make the eye draw towards the main logo a little more.
As for file type, jpg is fine unless you are doing something other than offset/gang run printing. For a card like that, they printing type where file format is going to be a factor is going to be completely inefficient and no where near cost effective. Think $500 for a set of 50 cards. Chances are the person laying out the run will change your file to jpg anyhow.