PDA

View Full Version : My Numark DXM09 experience

djlure
05-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I have had this mixer for almost 5 years and it still works, kinda. The bass kill on ch1 broke, the intensity knob works if you push down on it, lost one of the volume knobs, mic channel has static and replaced the x-fader with the cp pro (not because the x-fader quit working, I just wanted a better x-fader). I don't gig out with this mixer anymore, but I use it at home frequently and it does the job. The construction on this mixer is not built for the long run, but if you take care of it it will last. I abused the shi! out of it. For those who own this mixer, what are your thoughts?http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/j_nutz/IMAG0051.jpg

contra
05-29-2012, 07:01 PM
my thoughts is 5 years for an abused mixer is pretty good

Mark_Spit
05-29-2012, 08:17 PM
I think it was Doppleganger (Jeriatric Jane, I think) who had one and it gave her nothing but problems. I remember her posting a picture of it in the trash, but in the end she may have given it away if I remember correctly.

DTR
05-29-2012, 11:15 PM
I think it was Doppleganger (Jeriatric Jane, I think) who had one and it gave her nothing but problems. I remember her posting a picture of it in the trash, but in the end she may have given it away if I remember correctly.

Correct on all counts :badpc:

Doppelganger
05-30-2012, 02:31 AM

It's a piece of trash and belonged in the bin, hence the picture. Effects would constantly crash, faders would drop out sound, or wouldn't work properly. Opened it up before I gave it away to find it full of cardboard. As far as I know it still works. Put me off buying another Numark product for a lifetime. Why have a mixer with digital faders is beyond me. All these problems occured within the first few months of me owning the thing from new. I think I replaced it a year after I bought it with Dave's old UMX 09

Oh I still have that picture. Think I remember complaining in the original thread how numark couldn't even make a mixer that would fit in the bin properly or something.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/jungle_jane2005/bin.jpg

matty1551
05-30-2012, 03:10 AM
I thought it was an alright mixer for the price. Drop a cp-pro fader in there and you've got a great mixer to learn on plus efx. I'd have hung onto mine as a backup if I hadn't needed the money.