PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help

fb82
05-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm just starting out and got some budget equipment. Numark tables, iM1 mixer, and Numark MPM5 monitors. Should be a simple setup so I feel like an idiot but there is no sound coming out of the monitors or headphones.

Atomisk
05-27-2012, 04:49 PM
1) Is everything on?
2) Are the input selects (top left/right corners) set to the proper input? (The one your "tables" are plugged into.
3) Are the channel faders/headphone level faders/knobs up?
4) Are your master volume/EQs/whatnot up?

Dix
05-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Make sure the volume on the laptop is up. That may sound silly but I am willing to bet that your problem is something very simple that you have over looked. Chances are, you have been looking TOO hard or too "technical" for the problem.

fb82
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
nope, I don't think it's any of those problems... got the tables hooked into the phono and the mixer input selects are set to phono... got the speakers hooked into the output on the mixer and everything is on with the volume up on everything. I figure it has to be something simple like that though since there's not much to this set up seeing that it's only a 2 channel mixer and all.

Atomisk
05-27-2012, 05:51 PM
What do you mean when you say "table"?

DJ Matt
05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm just starting out and got some budget equipment. Numark tables, iM1 mixer, and Numark MPM5 monitors. Should be a simple setup so I feel like an idiot but there is no sound coming out of the monitors or headphones.

have you any music? :D

man its hard for us to sort a problem like that from here, but im sure its simple
just follow the signal from the turntable through each step as far as the speakers..... and you will hit on it

fb82
06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
sorry I forgot to come back and post that I found and fixed it. was something stupid as I suspected. doh... oh and by tables I mean vinyl tables not cdjs or anything... not even using a laptop yet either, want to learn the old school way first since I'm old and that's how everyone I know first learned... want to get serato eventually...