PDA

View Full Version : cdj 900 won't turn on

Brian Sang Han
05-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I just bought a pair of used cdj 900s and one of them won't turn on. To see what the problem was, I shook it around to see if it got damaged during shipping and I can hear a slight rattle, although the working one sounded similar but softer, and it turned on after I did that but once I turned it off, it wouldn't turn on again. I don't mind sending them in for repair but was wondering if anyone had any ideas what might be wrong.

VjQue
05-24-2012, 11:23 AM
get your money back. you paid for something that suppose to work.

why pay to get it repaired

Brian Sang Han
05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
well i bought it off forums for a pretty good price but the guy is willing to give me my money back if i ship it back to him. just want to see what my options are before having to ship it back

VjQue
05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
well i bought it off forums for a pretty good price but the guy is willing to give me my money back if i ship it back to him. just want to see what my options are before having to ship it backI say ship it back. that's probably why it was so cheap.

Brian Sang Han
05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
so i opened it up and it looks like 3 of the 4 blue/grey element holding the CD player are damaged. they looked like they burst and theres this gooey stuff coming out of them. the 4th one is fine and intact. i tried to line them up as best i could and the CD player turns on now. any idea what that part is and how much it would cost to fix?

Sublim&All
05-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Dude. He is willing to give the money back when you send it back to him: get rid of that shit. IMO, you shouldn't even try to burn your hands on trying to fix such an expensive piece of gear yourself.

Era 7
05-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Dude. He is willing to give the money back when you send it back to him: get rid of that shit. IMO, you shouldn't even try to burn your hands on trying to fix such an expensive piece of gear yourself.

+1. you paid for something that should be functional and it clearly isn't.

VjQue
05-26-2012, 03:13 PM
since you opened it up he might not give your money back. I'm sure that's why he said send it back. take a picture of the blue & grey elements and post it here.