PDA

View Full Version : Calling out: Techno Battle

Ellissentials
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Set some rules if you'd like. General idea I had was:

~30 minutes
~Any genre Techno
~Due within a few days
~Any special rules you want (aka FX / No FX / Must sample / Acapella / required song)
~One take, no post editing

:D

^original message

de.j.l Rules:

~30 minutes / No mixing after 30 minute mark
~Any genre Techno
~One take, no post editing.
~Must have lyrics in at least two of your tracks.
~Due Sunday the 19th of February

BuddyUK Rules:

~30 minutes
~Any genre Techno
~ No FX, No samples, no Acapellas, no digital trickery, raw tracks played LIVE no pitch bending or any of that crap, no bpm counters etc.
~One take, no post editing

BuddyUK
02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Can't do anything at all till next week at least, working everyday this week, fingers crossed should have some time off from Tuesday next week but I accept your challenge sir and will reply accordingly when I can, so expect a reply soon.

de.j.l
02-08-2012, 05:50 AM
I am interested in this.
I work a 72 hour work week this week as well, so it would be next week for me too.

would need to acquire some acapella's to make it happen so i'll be on beatport if that comes into play.
no effects for me but that shouldn't matter.

Ellissentials
02-08-2012, 06:56 AM
I will battle you BOTH :music:

Both of you refine rules and due dates (specifically like in first post) I'll then edit the first post with BOTH sets of rules. :tup:

ElectroManiac
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Oh man I wish I have my mixer to participate on this battle :(

Looking foward to vote on this one.

BuddyUK
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
accapellas? beatpoop? In a techno mix? What if i were lay down how i'm going to be playing as the rules, 2 channels vinyl only, no efx, , no beat counters, no auto sync, no cds, no dvs, no software at all except to record live, no VU meters, (use your ears!) would you guys even be able to throw down a mix?

Regardless off that use whatever you like, I have a plan and i am to going to be coming at you HARD and evn though you try, you will not be able to beat me off.

Ellissentials
02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
hah, would love to do that Buddy, but I sold my Technics a couple years ago :( I live in a single wide mobile home, and there's just no room for a setup that size now that my daughter came into the picture 2 years ago. All I have currently is a controller. I love it, but can't ad hear to a vinyl only battle, but I'm quite sure you knew that :lol:

Would love a huge studio with tons of equipment that's for sure!

de.j.l
02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
I play CDJS, cds, don't have effects on my rane ,I play by ear the whole way through so can easily participate in this other than the turntable situation, I do have vinyl but not enough to account for a techno set. Deep tech house + house, would be a totally different story.

de.j.l
02-09-2012, 09:51 AM
imo BuddyUK just took absolutely all the fun out of the battle already, great start!

Ellissentials
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
LOL he's a sarcastic human being sometimes, but he means well. It's all in fun what he said, though it's easy to think otherwise :lol:

de.j.l
02-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Point taken, ill take him more lightly next time around. Good info to know.

de.j.l
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
So lets 3 work out a set of rules, I think 2 channels, no effects is a fine start. Obviously we cannot do vinyl only. As for the rest of the rules, I will abide by them, you make em.

Ellissentials
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
You work out a set of rules with me... He's going to work out a set of rules with me as well. 3 way battles are "funny" and slightly awkward :D

So make some rules.. I think the only rule I couldn't go with (besides vinyl only) would be scratching. Not only can I not scratch (equipment wise) but I'm not very good at it.

Ellissentials
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
de.j.l and I have worked out rules through PM. Here they are...

Rules:
~30 minutes / No mixing after 30 minute mark
~Any genre Techno
~One take, no post editing.
~Must have lyrics in at least two of your tracks.
~Due Sunday the 19th of February

*Note, I'll have mine done WAY sooner than that, so feel free to complete it early*

Buddy if you're still up for it, lay down some rules :tup:

de.j.l
02-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Ill send you a PM when mine is done so we can close it off and submit.

BuddyUK
02-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Can we just have lyrics in one track? That I can do, two is pushing it, this is techno brah :slayer:. Will be picking my tracks to match your style rather than just banging the shit out of it though.

@de.j.f the trash talking was just for a laugh mate, Ell was just egging me on to do it like i always used to, give it all the large in the callout thread and then crash and burn in the battle, it's a DJF tradition. i pretty much never have a level playing field in these battles, not just becuase of my equipment or skills (or lack off) it's my maverick style, I just can't help myself throwing in an unmixable tune or radically changing style half way through because I'm getting bored playing the same thing, it's just how I roll dude. I just battle for fun and the chance to spin some records, practice and maybe turn some people on to my tunes is all.

BuddyUK
02-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Just taken advantage of the few hours I have before work to pull some tunes out and work out a set, got lyrics both synthesized and sung, hope that satisfies the rules.

TBH actually quite proud of it, it shall be a mix of the essence of techno in it's purest form, only a clueless newb would vote against it, expect a landslide victory for yourselves lads.

:mad:

Ellissentials
02-12-2012, 06:19 AM
:lol: @ your last comment Buddy.

Can we just have lyrics in one track?

I mentioned that I'm battling you both.. not that it's a 3 way battle ;) I also mentioned for you to both set up a set of rules (since I'm battling you both) :tup:

BuddyUK
02-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Two battles eh? :devil: Better start working on set 2 plus monomers battle, got a busy week coming up...

BuddyUK
02-12-2012, 06:50 AM
:lol: @ your last comment Buddy.

I mentioned that I'm battling you both.. not that it's a 3 way battle ;) I also mentioned for you to both set up a set of rules (since I'm battling you both) :tup:

as for our rules

~30 minutes
~Any genre Techno
~ No FX, No samples, no Acapellas, no digital trickery, raw tracks played LIVE no pitch bending or any of that crap, no bpm counters etc.
~One take, no post editing, except I will need to amplify for encoding to mp3 on audacity post recordng as I'm playing records.

Ellissentials
02-12-2012, 07:06 AM
I can agree to this just one thing

no digital trickery

Err.. I'm on a controller. I will refrain from all FX, samples acapellas etc, and just worry about the blending and fader flipping and anything that the mixer portion offers me ... but it's digital hah.

Cool beans?

BuddyUK
02-12-2012, 07:45 AM
cool with that mate

Ellissentials
02-12-2012, 07:50 AM
:tup:

Due date?

BuddyUK
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
This week mate weds. thurs maybe? Got a couple of days off this week but got 3 battles to do.

Ellissentials
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Sure sounds good :)

Ellissentials
02-13-2012, 07:49 PM
@ de.j.l: Your private message box is too full for me to send my reply to you.

Ellissentials
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
@ de.j.l: Uploading my mix now :tup:

Ellissentials
02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Alright my mix should be there.

JonAvalon
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Ellis confirmed

de.j.l
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
mix submitted

BuddyUK
02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Looks like we have our first techno battle gentlemen :)

JonAvalon
02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
mix submitted

didn't get it, i responded to your pm about it.

Ellissentials
02-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Submitting mix now for vs BuddyUK :tup:

JonAvalon
02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
ellis file vs buddyuk confirmed

monomer
02-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Looks like we have our first techno battle gentlemen :)

gah, I hate sloppy seconds!

BuddyUK
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Will have at least one of my mixes done for this tomorrow infa 50% :uhoh:

de.j.l
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
didn't get it, i responded to your pm about it.

I went through Zippyshare and sent you a link, have you gotten it. If any issues just let me know. Uploader wasn't friendly to me for some reason.

JonAvalon
02-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Uploading de.j.l's new file

:edit: file is uploaded

I'll be posting Ellis vs de.j.l first

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?1602-Ellissentials-vs-de-j-l-Techno-Battle