PDA

View Full Version : How do I export my History Playlist in Traktor?

mufutau55
05-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Can someone detailed to me how to export my History Playlist in Traktor. I saw the .NML files in the history folders but I dont know which program to use for viewing, listing or exporting it. Thanks.

Mufutau

l0ckd0wn
05-21-2012, 07:33 PM
The easiest way to export a playlist from Traktor is 3 steps:

1.) Find your way to the bottom of the library tree and click on the "History" folder. This should display all the tracks you have played since you opened Traktor in the main window.

2.) Verify that you have the complete list you want and delete those tracks you do not want in your final list ('delete' or right click and delete if keyboard shortcuts are disabled).

3.) Right click on "History" and select "Save playlist as webpage." A small box will pop up asking you to name the file, select where to save it, whether to open it after saving, and what fields you would like to display on your playlist. Click save after making your selections.

If the "[ ] open after save" box is checked a web browser, or whatever is set to open .html files, will open and display your playlist. All playlists are saved in .HTML format for easy viewing. If you did everything correctly you should have a page similar to this (http://thedtowncrew.com/l0ckd0wn/l0ckd0wn_show/l0ckd0wn's%20Friday%20Night%20Grooves%202-24-12.html)open in your web browser/HTML editor.

mufutau55
05-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.. but that is because I was still in Traktor, but whenever I exited Traktor I could not export the old history playlist again.. Is there a way to be able to export the old history playlist? I can see the .NML files in the backup folder. This is an example filename of one of the saved files: history_2012y05m12d_22h54m28s.NML
Thanks.

Mufutau

Synergy
05-21-2012, 07:55 PM
i wish it would auto save with the time and date. that would be bit chin

l0ckd0wn
05-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.. but that is because I was still in Traktor, but whenever I exited Traktor I could not export the old history playlist again.. Is there a way to be able to export the old history playlist? I can see the .NML files in the backup folder.
Thanks.

Mufutau

No. AFAIK and the way I understand Traktor, it doesn't keep the hour:minute:second of when you play a track, only a date. Because of this the actual order of tracks played is lost after you close the application. The only straightforward way of tracking a playlist is doing it the way I listed, sorry.

B3NNY
05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Explorer/Archive/ then find the folder w/ the date and time you played the set you want to get the playlist info from, no? Don't ask me how to export the info (I'm sure you can), but it has the order and time you loaded it into a deck and used to have a correct duration time back in the day, but hasnt worked for awhile for me.

mufutau55
05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you. I do not need the order of the Playlist, I just want to get the Playlist for the previous gigs, which I can see that Traktor saved in a backup folder with .NML extension. Buy how do I import/export these playlist and with what program, if there any or if Traktor won't do it. But why does it keep a backup if you cannot retreive it?

Mufutau

No. AFAIK and the way I understand Traktor, it doesn't keep the hour:minute:second of when you play a track, only a date. Because of this the actual order of tracks played is lost after you close the application. The only straightforward way of tracking a playlist is doing it the way I listed, sorry.

l0ckd0wn
05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
If I remember correctly, most of the settings and list files are written in XML, so you could open them up in a text editor. I have not tried this myself but I was poking around online looking for something definitive for you. Try opening the file in Notepad. If the text isn't readible, copy the file to a new location, change the extension from .nml to .html and then attempt to open it in a browser. I'm not saying it is going to work, but it's worth a shot.