PDA

View Full Version : Soul Soul Train Mix!!! In Memory of Don Cornelius.

DjFloMatic
02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
http://soundcloud.com/djflomatic/soul-train-mix-djflomatic

Tracklist
1. The Sound of Philly (Soul Train Anthem)
2. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough -- MJ
3. Celebration -- K & G
4. Got To Give It UP -- Marvin Gaye
5. Love Train -- O'Jays
6. Ain't No Mountain -- Marvin Gaye
7. I Love Music -- O'Jays
8. Papa Got A Brand New Bag -- James Brown
9. So Emotional -- Whitney Houston
10. Rock With You -- Mj
11. Get Down On It -- K & G
12. Dancing Machine -- Jackson 5
13. Want You Back -- ^
14. ABC -- ^
15. Love You Save -- ^
16. Sir Duke -- Stevie Wonder
17. You Rock My World -- MJ

DjFloMatic
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Bump! nobody likes the classics??? young people today smh

Hamza21
02-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Mixcrate servers are acting up again. I can't listen to the mix. This has been going on for the past few days. Half the mixes on the site when you hit the play button nothing happens. Mixcrate is getting worse and worse every month.

c-hawk
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Diggin' the tracklisting but can't get it to play. When I do, I'll post some feedback.

hawk

DjFloMatic
02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
moved it over to soundcloud should work!

c-hawk
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Copy that; will take a listen!

DJ Special K
02-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Nice! I'm enjoying this. Glad to see you back on the forum!

c-hawk
02-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Can hear it now!!! Diggin' the mix. Good stuff.

mix4fix
02-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Kinda became a M.J. tribute at the end.

DjFloMatic
02-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Kinda became a M.J. tribute at the end.

Something wrong with that? They were all soul train classic songs....

mix4fix
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Something wrong with that? They were all soul train classic songs....

Last I checked, Soul Train span a few decades.

I would have started with TSOP (obviously, the orginal theme) and continued from on with anything that gave ya that "Soul Train Line" vibe (gotta have Gap Band's "Party Train" which is an 80's classic).

And, if anything, The Gap Band was more a Soul Train act than any Jackson.

DjFloMatic
02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Last I checked, Soul Train span a few decades.

I would have started with TSOP (obviously, the orginal theme) and continued from on with anything that gave ya that "Soul Train Line" vibe (gotta have Gap Band's "Party Train" which is an 80's classic).

And, if anything, The Gap Band was more a Soul Train act than any Jackson.

1. I have songs on here from the 60s (although the show didn't start until 71) through 2000s so clearly I know the Soul Train goes a few decades.. Even with MJ I went from his Jackson 5 days in 1970 to his latest in 2001

2. Majority of the songs you are referring to are actually the "Jackson 5" not just Michael, and they were HUGE hits on the show!

3. Michael Jackson has won 10 Soul Train Awards

Im not saying that he was the best of all time, but he was definitely a huge part of Soul Train throughout its years...

Although I knew of songs I wanted to put on here I also did some searching for the top "Soul Train" songs all time and all of these were found...

You seem to have a little bit of a hatred towards MJ

mix4fix
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
1. I have songs on here from the 60s (although the show didn't start until 71) through 2000s so clearly I know the Soul Train goes a few decades.. Even with MJ I went from his Jackson 5 days in 1970 to his latest in 2001

2. Majority of the songs you are referring to are actually the "Jackson 5" not just Michael, and they were HUGE hits on the show!

3. Michael Jackson has won 10 Soul Train Awards

Im not saying that he was the best of all time, but he was definitely a huge part of Soul Train throughout its years...

Although I knew of songs I wanted to put on here I also did some searching for the top "Soul Train" songs all time and all of these were found...

You seem to have a little bit of a hatred towards MJ

I'm not hating on Jackson - but Awards don't mean anything to this situation.

When I think of Soul Train, I think of the Soul Train Line - many comedians have joked about the Soul Train Line at weddings. It's part of Americana. To me, Soul Train Lines are songs like "Party Train" and Heatwave's "Groove Line" - not only are they classics but they have that "vibe" of a Soul Train Line (watch the video for Party Train - it's a dance off line inside a ring).

If anything, M.J.'s "Wanna Be Starting Something" would be a better one to pic ("Ma Ma Se, Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa" is that vibe).

DjFloMatic
02-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm not hating on Jackson - but Awards don't mean anything to this situation.

When I think of Soul Train, I think of the Soul Train Line - many comedians have joked about the Soul Train Line at weddings. It's part of Americana. To me, Soul Train Lines are songs like "Party Train" and Heatwave's "Groove Line" - not only are they classics but they have that "vibe" of a Soul Train Line (watch the video for Party Train - it's a dance off line inside a ring).

If anything, M.J.'s "Wanna Be Starting Something" would be a better one to pic ("Ma Ma Se, Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa" is that vibe).

ok not going to argue with you about this but I made this mix in memory of Don Cornelius and his show "Soul Train" therefore I put a bunch of tracks that have been featured and if you can dance can easily be done in a soul train line.....