PDA

View Full Version : Salutations!

YungVendrixDNB
05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
My name is Dan AKA Yung Vendrix. I am a full time warehouse worker who has a passion for mixing and remixing vinyl records of different genres. I am 29 years old and have been mixing records for almost 10 years. I have never moved past the realm of small to medium sized house parties/college parties, but for me it isn't about spinning in clubs and never really has been, as I've always had a full time job and mix for fun and enjoyment. I spin a variety of different styles. My primary genre is Drum n Bass, but I also dabble in breaks, turntablism, hip-hop, UK Garage/2-step, house and experimental. I have DJ mixes posted on Soundcloud and XStreamist, and while I don't hate controllerism, CDJs or other digital DJ methods, and have learned how to use them as well(without using auto-sync), I've always been partial to vinyl and currently use vinyl exclusively. The sound, the feel, working with the grooves, the smell of a brand new record, and the fact that it won't crash are some reasons why I stick to it. Also, I have quite a bit of money tied up into my vinyl and gear. Anyways, this is my brief intro. If you want to know more just ask. Peace, Love, Unity and Respect.

Celestial
05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
welcome to the boards dude

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
:love: love the intro.~Welcome to the DJ Forums!~:tup:

YungVendrixDNB
05-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks man. I should clarify that 10 years is an on and off figure and I've gotten back into in within the last 18 months. I started when I was 19 and ended up selling my first set of decks(Gemini XL-500s) because I couldn't take them with me on a particular move. I took a few years off and then I came across some Numark decks about 2 years ago which was what prompted me to get back into it. I have since upgraded to 1200s.

Celestial
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I have since upgraded to 1200s.

good choice on TT's ;)