PDA

View Full Version : CDJs for scratching

rotoitiman
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey everyone,

To cut a long story short, I am looking to add a little scratching into my DJ set as I am starting to do more and more RnB/HipHop gigs.

I just want to start small just in case it does not work out.

I am looking to have my Traktor S2 running on one channel on the mixer and the CDJ on the other channel.

Without investing a huge sum of cash just yet, I have narrowed it down to CDJs with the plan to move to a DVS setup in the future if it works out.

Prices are over the top in New Zealand, but my options at this moment are:

1 second hand Stanton C324 = $250
2 Second hand Denon 3500s = $500
1 CDJ 800 second hand = $500
1 Brand new Denon 3500 with 2 year warranty = $800
1 Numark V7 brand new with 1 year warranty = $1000

I like the sound of spinning platters on the 3500s but second hand worries although I get two, and I can practise on them immediately without going down the DVS route.

Pricewise the Stanton seems good as well for the price, if I dont like it its only $250 down the drain.

The Numark V7 is the one I really want, good reviews and a close feel to vinyl but freaking expensive.

Im moving towards the Denons I think, any advice??
Thanks

DJ Highline
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Well if you want CD players for scratching, then Denon is the way to go. I would look for DN-S3700s or S3900s they are pricey but should be amazing for scratching. I wouldn't consider the V7s if I were you...They are very good decks but they are for Serato Itch only and seeing as you have an S2, that means you have Traktor...so unless you want to try to run two programs on your laptop I would rule those out...

rotoitiman
05-20-2012, 10:37 PM
The denon 3700 is $1800 for 1 in my country. I cant drop an investment like that, those options above are all I have at this stage. $1000 is my absolute limit to try something out, I can just run the V7 with a mixer and itch if the other options are no good.

DJ Highline
05-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Well if thats the case then you could just go with 1 V7 and use the layers and run one V7 for 2 decks...that is feasable...

AddictiveSolutionz
05-27-2012, 05:37 PM
if u can get hold of them go for the kam KCD450USB great for scratching and u can use a flashdrive usb or cd. but what they cost u cant go wrong, if u dont believe me check youtube for reveiw or check a mix i did using them
http://soundcloud.com/weed-fm