PDA

View Full Version : Calling out: BuddyUK!

monomer
02-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I've seen your postings in the tech section.

I'm bound to get my ass handed to me, but it's gotta happen.

I'll be the gentleman and let YOU pick the rules. Just know that I'm all vinyl, with a 2 channel mixer with basic analog effects (AEM)

BuddyUK
02-08-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm bound to get my ass handed to me, but it's gotta happen.

I ALWAYS lose mate, if there is going to be some 'ass handing' I'll be on the receiving end I'm sure, I just do my thing and nobody likes it and carry on regardless.

I'll be the gentleman and let YOU pick the rules. Just know that I'm all vinyl, with a 2 channel mixer with basic analog effects (AEM)

I am only vinyl, 2 channel mixer, have NO effects but don't mind if you use yours, but i may cunningly throw a couple of samples in by plugging a couple of old mp3 players plugged into the line channel if that's okay.

As for style and rules I'd suggest proper 90's Techno (you know what I mean I'm sure) 93-99 and we've got to have at least one track by a Detroit artist in there at least, can you do that? Quite happy to change the dates if that's out of your range but I'm pretty sure IIRC that you're collection is pretty strong on older tracks. 30 mins or near about for the duration, what do you say mate? Also would have to be next week as I explained to you about my work situation this week via PM, just do not have the time this week.

ElectroManiac
02-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Looking foward to this battle :tup: subsrcibed

Ellissentials
02-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I ALWAYS lose mate, if there is going to be some 'ass handing' I'll be on the receiving end I'm sure, I just do my thing and nobody likes it and carry on regardless.

What did you do with BuddyUK? :confused:

I REALLY wish the old call out thread was up from our last battle. You talked more shit than a new born babies asshole does!!!! :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself homie. Seems you went one extreme of over confidence, and now you're on borderline depression. Find the happy medium mate! :D :tup:

monomer
02-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Proper techno, sounds good. I've never really dated most of the collection, but I get what your going for.

I'll let you decide the due date, I'm in no rush.

BuddyUK
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
What did you do with BuddyUK? http://www.djforums.com/forums/images/smilies/10_confused.gif

I REALLY wish the old call out thread was up from our last battle. You talked more shit than a new born babies asshole does!!!! http://www.djforums.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

Don't be so hard on yourself homie. Seems you went one extreme of over confidence, and now you're on borderline depression. Find the happy medium mate!

Monomer knows underground techno mate, his box runs deep with that real Detroit shit, this is mano et mano stuff, two techno afficonados keeping it real with two technics and a pile of 12" inches and nothing else. Only THOSE THAT KNOW will even be able to dig our mixes. :school:

You'll win our battle of course but you'll pull out all your typical Breaks DJ popularity tricks, I'm half expecting some Michael Jackson "techno remix" autosynced into some masive trance breakdown and they will all clap like seals while my stuff will just be too deep for them, the result is irrelevant :tdown:

Ellissentials
02-08-2012, 07:28 PM
lol!!!! Well.. shit.. now I can't play that Michael Jackson remix :(

I must admit it's interesting facing off with bi-polar competition. :dance: Cheers Buddy

monomer
02-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Went through the crates.

You better bring the heat!

BuddyUK
02-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Got some time off during the week , better watch out bro, got plenty of tunes in my head, just don't know which direction to go...

monomer
02-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Got some time off during the week , better watch out bro, got plenty of tunes in my head, just don't know which direction to go...

Detroit does it harder, my friend.

I don't think the people voting will know what to do with themselves.

I believe we've agreed on the rules, I'll let Buddy post'm.

mantis
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
how do i subscribe to a thread?

monomer
02-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Up here.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....^^^^^^

where it says "thread tools"

BuddyUK
02-14-2012, 10:40 PM
All the Techno Battles will be posted in a thread in the Techno section as they happen, just waiting for it to kick off now. :)

BuddyUK
02-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Submitted mix for this

mrkleen
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
let the judging begin :)

monomer
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Submitted mix for this

Recording today or tomorrow.

I'm such a procrastinator.

monomer
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Recorded.

I'm not happy with it. I think you stand more of a chance then you think!

Encoding and uploading as soon as I've listened to it :uhoh:

BuddyUK
02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Well you didn't hang about mate, best of luck etc.

monomer
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Note: warm up before pressing record next time.

JonAvalon
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
both files confirmed

:edit: posted
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?1607-BuddyUK-vs-Monomer