PDA

View Full Version : Types of House

franke
05-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm a noob, and I've always been in to hip-hop (it's actually what I am currently learning to spin on...but I am trying to broaden my musical horizon by listening to house.

Can someone tell me eevry kind of genre and what the hell each are and how I can differentiate them? House, Deep House, Progressive House, Techno House, etc. etc.

DHB
05-19-2012, 09:14 PM
That would be a very extensive task.

Best way would be to listen to a variety and you'll soon find out what each has to offer. If you're a big hip hop head try and source out some deep house, depending where you look you may stumble across a few hip hop samples thrown around. All comes down to your own taste, you are not going to like all sub-genres of House, you may like some more than others although "house music" covers a wide variety of styles.

Good luck.

g-sep
05-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Too many different types of house.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Boomcie
05-20-2012, 01:31 AM
check the bomb ass track trreads

Tito Lopez
05-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Booty house, ghetto house, filtered house, progressive house, soulful house, jack house, classic chicago house, acid house, disco house, swing house, deep house, etc etc.

But my advice is dont spin something you dont like, stick with the music that you like at your club.

Hausgeist
05-20-2012, 09:03 PM
In before Ishkur.

Just listen. Eventually, you will start to sort it out.