PDA

View Full Version : Escapade Music Festival (Ottawa, ON)

Phantom
05-19-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.escapademusicfestival.com/en/

Looks like it'll be an absolutely amazing time! It's got quite the lineup too, packed with up and coming Canadian artists!

There's Avicii, Eric Prydz, Alesso, Sander van Doorn, Chuckie, Cazzette, Nadia Ali, Manufactured Superstars, Mister Parker, Aly & Fila, Marcus Schossow, Ben Gold, Max Graham, Invalyd, DJ Emm, Project 46, Paris FZ & Simo T, Joe Ghost, Etienne Ozborne, Ryan Labelle, Scott James, Medley, Afrojack, Dada Life, Gareth Emery, Thomas Gold, R3hab, Tommy Trash, Rebecca & Fiona, Ariyan, Excision, Zeds Dead, Kill the Noise, Dillon Francis, The Killabits, Bold Equation, Vilify, Bass Machines, JC Boom, Overwerk, Conor Cutz, Royce & Tan, Marco G, Kid SL, BZRK and DJ T-Dot!

(Trying to help those who search the forums for their favourite artist haha)

It's June 30th-July 1st, what a great way to spend Canada Day Weekend!

Sean
05-20-2012, 10:47 AM
That is a badass lineup! Might have to look into it.

Neophyte
05-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Man, When I lived in Ottawa, we never had cool stuff like this. Looks like it's getting better out there. I see some locals I know on the bill too!

Phantom
05-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I know in Toronto on the same two nights there is the Digital Dreams music festival with a similar lineup, just with the nights switched. They have A-Trak, Designer Drugs, Kaskade though! But we have Avicii, Eric Prydz, Excision, Zeds Dead and more than enough to make up for it in my opinion. It's at the Molson Amphitheatre though, which I'd say isn't as good a venue as the Aviation museum anyway.

Tektonix
05-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Its like the line ups for VELD, Digital Dreams, WEMF and Identity ALL fucked each other and made this as their child.... D: They have like a bunch of artists from all of them.... Not bothering with DD, But this looks like it might be worth the mission :love:

recess
05-24-2012, 01:16 AM
If you need tickets, hit me up! ahahha

LeFresh
05-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Crazy line up.
Bluesfest looks good this year as well.

recess
05-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, im going to see tiesto, MSTRKRFT, Skrillex, and wolfgang. Skrillex only cause i havent seen him since back in the days when he played on foldable table. I wanna see what light show hes gonna have.

Phantom
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Today it said their tickets are 60% sold out! Buy now if you're going! It's going to be an amazing time!

recess
05-30-2012, 11:51 PM
I've got weekend passes, and day passes! Message me and i can drive anywhere in ottawa to deliver!

Phantom
06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Looks like I'll be volunteering at Escapade! First day all day I hope to be volunteering all day, and second day I plan on tearing it up at the Bass Mentality stage!

Phantom
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Volunteering was pretty good, and the concert was amazing! The most surprisingly good act for me was Vilify, she really surprised me with her skill. Dillon Francis was also absolutely amazing, he did a better job than the Killabits, Kill the Noise and Zeds Dead in my opinion. Of course, Excision was just so, so good live. Other than him starting his set half an hour late, and ending on time, I couldn't have asked for more.

On the Heineken stage, I heard that Alesso was one of the most surprisingly good act. And that Sander Van Doorn was one of the most disappointing. Chuckie was a no show, so that sucked. Overall, I definetely had a great time! I would recommend volunteering at music festivals to all!

LeFresh
07-03-2012, 02:39 AM
I live a few blocks from where it went down. I shoulda volunteer'd too. Instead I got wasted..oh well. :lol:

recess
07-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Volunteering was pretty good, and the concert was amazing! The most surprisingly good act for me was Vilify, she really surprised me with her skill. Dillon Francis was also absolutely amazing, he did a better job than the Killabits, Kill the Noise and Zeds Dead in my opinion. Of course, Excision was just so, so good live. Other than him starting his set half an hour late, and ending on time, I couldn't have asked for more.

On the Heineken stage, I heard that Alesso was one of the most surprisingly good act. And that Sander Van Doorn was one of the most disappointing. Chuckie was a no show, so that sucked. Overall, I definetely had a great time! I would recommend volunteering at music festivals to all!

Sander was only bad cause of the crowd, so many stupid drunk people who have never listened to trance before..

Phantom
07-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Sander was only bad cause of the crowd, so many stupid drunk people who have never listened to trance before..

Yeah, the Heineken stage crowd really liked House, particularly the headlining Dada Life, Avicii and Afrojack. I guess that's why they were so fond for Alesso as well.

Also, I'd like to point out I liked the Killabits less after their performance. Constantly being douchey on stage during other people's performances and that one guy kept grabbing the mic to yell as loud as he can "MAKE SOME NOISE FOR BASS MENTALITY ESCAPADE", who on multiple occasions referred to the crowd as "Toronto" when I'm right next to the speaker; my ears were ringing from Sunday to Wednesday non stop. And the other Killabits guy in the OFWGKTA 666 shirt crowdsurfed a few times more than he needed to. Lost a lot of respect for them, their douchebaggy attitude was completely the opposite of Dillon Francis's relaxed, throwing Barbie pinatas into the crowd attitude.

So I guess my ranking for Bass Mentality is
1. Dillon Francis
2. Excision
3. Zeds Dead
4. Kill The Noise
5. Killabits :mad:
6. Vilify, and then followed by the rest :)

Nick Bike
07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
that jackass who stole the $600k still owes me cash from a show a few weeks ago...

Phantom
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
that jackass who stole the $600k still owes me cash from a show a few weeks ago...

He sounds like a douchebag

I hope all the DJs and workers from Escapade are getting paid one way or another. I feel bad for the other co-founder too, probably is just watching his world turn upside down from his "associate" being an asshat and running off.

recess
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Im not getting paid, they owe me a pretty penny for promoing..

manythings
07-07-2012, 10:37 PM
It's unfortunate that happened with the co-owners of the festival. I'm certain everyone worked super hard for that festival. I'm hopeful that it all comes back together for them soon!