PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in non-dance older vinyl?

ampnation
05-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a collection I'm going to take off to sell at Dimple or another local record shop if there is no interest here. I have some very good blues, jazz, r&b stuff and more.

Here are some of the artists, and specific albums where I think they might be of particular note. I have a lot of lesser known stuff and garbage (example: Mantovani or 101 Strings)...

Howlin' Wolf (concerned because at this moment I can't locate this one. I know it is here somewhere. It is probably the most valuable of these records - Chess 1469 IIRC - per an ebay scan of completed auctions a while back, I guestimated its value at $150.)

BB King
John Lee Hooker (CHESS LP 1438)
Jimmy Reed
Cannonball Adderly
Nancy Wilson
Aretha Franklin
Nina Simone
John Coltrane (including Blue Train BLUE NOTE 1577 and Soultrane PRESTIGE 7142)
Brownie McGhee
Thelonius Monk
Milt Jackson
Max Roach & Clifford Brown
Sonny Criss
Stan Getz
Miles Davis
Dave Brubeck
Stan Kenton
Pete Fountain
Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights
Chico Hamilton
Mel Torme
Harry Belafonte
Bobby Darin
Jerry Lee Lewis
Frank Sinatra
Glen Campbell
Dean Martin
Perry Como
Tony Bennett
The Righteous Brothers

Some significant Rock LP's too

Creedence Clearwater Rivival - Green River
Vanilla Fudge - self titled
Donovan - Sunshine Superman
Love Stinks - signed by band members except Peter Wolf

Eurythmics - Would I Lie to you 12" marked not for sale, play time on both sides 4:59, picked this one up at a thrift store a while back. Most of the others are from my mom's collection or my own, all purchased new.

Jefferson Airplane - Flight Log (selected songs from 66 to 76 on Grunt Records) double album

The Beatles - Rarities - Parlophone - I love the German versions of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You", also has "Across the Universe" but not the version from "Let It Be", "This Boy" which wasn't released on an album AFAIK but was the bside to "I Want To Hold Your Hand"..much more

Have quite a few Rock titles from very familiar bands like Led Zeppelin, Ted Nugent, The Cars, and The Eagles. Not going to list them all but if you're looking for rock vinyl, hit me up with specifics. I don't see these as being big.

Comedy
Steve Martin
George Carlin (lots)
Robin Williams
and signed Bill Cosby

EDIT: Add Michael Jackson - Off The Wall and
78 rpm album of records, Tex Ritter with songs like "San Antonio Rose" and "Blood on the Saddle" - Capitol Records

Steve E Wunda
05-26-2012, 08:11 AM
How much are you asking for these?