PDA

View Full Version : Montreal DJF'ers: Need your help!

manythings
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm going to be in MTL for a few nights in a couple weeks, what are some nice shops to check out over there? I'm thinking DJ, Vinyl, Clothing, Shoes, Restaurants, etc.

Help will be thanked! Thanks :)

LeFresh
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I always hit up Beatnik for vinyl on St. Denis they got a wicked selection on everything. Theres tons of nearby clothing shops and restaurants too.

Just came across this (http://www.nightlife.ca/liste/top-10-best-record-stores-montreal)

Just Adam
02-22-2012, 02:18 PM
DJ and Musician stores: Moog Audio, Steve's Music store,
Vinyl: Le Pickup record shop (near Moog), Marche du Disque, L'echange, Primitive, Beatnik, Cheap Thrills
Restaurants: Joe Beef, Au Pied D'Cochon :love: , Le Brenmer (these first 3 will def need reservations), Chu Chi (if you're into vegetarian stuff), Schwartz's, La Banquise,

Spend some time walking up St-Laurent to Mount Royal, then across Mount-Royal (the street, not the mountain)to St-Denis, then back down St-Denis, theres a million things to do/look at.

Checkout Anthony Bourdain's show "The Layover" or "No Reservations" when he comes to Montreal for a good idea where to start, except if you do go for bagels, go to Fairmount ;)
Feel free to hit me up on the PM

Sean
02-23-2012, 08:41 AM
I seem to have just seen this thread! Glad to see there are a good number of Montrealers around though :)