PDA

View Full Version : Hello either 1) cdj & mixer 2) or 1200mk2's and mixer but have rmeff800 so....?

rokuez
05-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Hello and thanks for putting together this place.

I've been reading a bit, and I have some general questions. It seems the two routes I am interested in are cdj 850/900 with a mixer because it is solid and I can avoid having to lug around a notebook or having the notebook crash. is a rane ttm56 more suited for 1200s or will it be proper for cdjs? I'm sure it can get the job done I just want to know if I'm over looking something obvious. What are some suggestions for budget scratching mixers for cdjs. what are some budget scratching cdjs? I am in LA if anyone knows of a good cdj repair person let me know please. LA craigslist has a tone of cdjs :) I've thought about getting a pair of cdj200 and a cheap mixer but no vinyl mode and I love hip hop... . i wish the cheaper cdj 100/200 had vinyl mode :(

However I do have one lonely technics sl1200mk2 and I wouldn't mind getting another 1200mk2 and a dj mixer most likely a rane ttm56. But what I DO NOT like about the technics1200mk2 Path is that I would need to get a serrato or traktor interface/hardware crap.

I have a rme fireface800 & I like it. I'd like to just buy some time coded vinyls + software and use the rme fireface 800 hooked up to the dj mixer. Now I'm not entirely sure how the time code technology works so that is why I'm assuming I can just run some software and use my rme ff800. Please let me know whatsup/educate me and if there is truly a purpose for the serrato/traktor interface?

is there a way of using 1200mk2 without a computer but can still access files from usb drives( no $ for vinyl sry)? is there a way of using a 1200 mk2 with the computer and my rme ff800 but without having to buy some traktor/serrator hardware (other then time coded vinyls)?

YungVendrixDNB
05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Rane TTM56 will work fine for either CDJs or Vinyl. Though I would suggest using it with vinyl especially if you plan on using Serato.

And the interface is required only if it's not already built into your mixer as far as I know(on the TTM56 or pretty much any Rane mixer the Serato Interface is built in already, since Serato is made by Rane).

Edit: You will still need a laptop however, as it is required for a digital setup such as Serato or Traktor Skratch regardless of what tables you use. Also, I believe there are even special needles for timecoded vinyl. I'm not too sure, I'm just going off of research and what my friends tell me about it. I'm still stuck in 1992 as far as my equipment goes.

Edit2: eBay is a decent source for budget scratching CDJ's and I believe Vestax and Gemini both have models which I'm sure are way cheaper than Pioneer's. There are plenty of good cheap 2-channel scratch mixers too, like the Behringer VMX100 or the Numark Scratchmaster.

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
05-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I've been reading a bit, and I have some general questions?....~Welcome to the DJ Forums!~I am sure that there are many other's on these forums that can help you with your questions.they just don't read the introduction section,.So,please feel free to post your questions in the appropriate forum.best wishes ;)