PDA

View Full Version : Laser with liquid sky effect

jlcpremier
05-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Looking to add a laser to my lighting rig. I primarily want it to have the liquid sky effect and don't plan on scanning the audience with it. Also would prefer to stay under $300. So as awesome as the Scorpion GBC looks, it's a little out of my price range. I also saw the Scorpion GVC, with violet instead of a blue laser for around $400, still a little more than I want to spend. Any recommendations? So far I've come across the ADJ Galaxian Sky, Chauvet Scorpion Sky (though hard to find), and the Scorpion LGX which is the one at the top of my list.

I might spend the extra money and get the GVC, but the LGX is about half the cost and seems to have the same specs, though not as many options. Both are 10mW. The LGX is remote controlled while the GVC can do DMX (though I don't see anything about the liquid sky effect under DMX, only standalone) so not sure that would add any benefit. And the GVC has the extra violet laser but I'd be just happy with green only.

So is there any other reason to spend the extra money on the GVC over the LGX, aside form the fact that the LGX is a discontinued product?

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Sween
05-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I use a Blisslight BL-15 for a similar effect.

Not cheap though.

Drewbdo
05-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I like the ADJ liquid sky green laser (can't remember the exact name at the moment). It's the only laser I have.

I think it has 5 DMX channels, and looks great with fog. I wish I had gotten haze, but can't un-buy a fog machine. :)

List price is like $350, but they can be gotten for less than your $300 cap.

DJ M&M
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
pretty sure the GVC carries the same patterns as the GBC

Rek_Aviles
05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Ran into this budget laser the other day.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Galaxian-Sky-Green-Liquid/dp/B001TH6XL8/ref=pd_cp_MI_1

worth it ?

Mystic
05-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Ran into this budget laser the other day.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Galaxian-Sky-Green-Liquid/dp/B001TH6XL8/ref=pd_cp_MI_1

worth it ?
Some would say yes, I personally don't care much for the ADJ lasers and would have saved for an X-Laser, but then you're getting into variance and training issues as well.
If you don't want to get into that kind of thing, then it's worth it since you really can't get anything higher powered without licensing and training.