PDA

View Full Version : How to hook my Traktor S2 into a PA system?

Gnozis
02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I feel retarted for asking this, but I have been DJ'ing for the last two years through my headphones until I finally purchased two KRK monitors a few months back. Right now I just spin with one monitor hooked into the back using an RCA to RCA cable. My question is, what do I need to get both monitors running and having balance?

electricsmooth
02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Use XLR cables or 1/4" cable.

I think the KRKs have both on the back but double check. The 1/4" is like a big headphone jack and the XLR is a 3 prong connection.

Also check which one of these connections exist on the S2. It may have both as well.

Then all you have to do is buy the cables

Gnozis
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Awesome, repped, thanks brah. What is the purpose of the RCA to RCA? They just sent me that one cable with both of the monitors.

Andrew B
02-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Awesome, repped, thanks brah. What is the purpose of the RCA to RCA? They just sent me that one cable with both of the monitors.

You could use RCA as well. You would need two cables though.

electricsmooth
02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I think the Krks also have a single unbalanced RCA input. Send one rca single cable to one monitor and the other one to the other. U might even be able to physically split your cable right down the middle so you don't have to buy another one.

djbigchamp
02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
The S2 output options are as follows:

MAIN LEFT AND RIGHT: 1/4"
MONITOR OUT: RCA

I have an S2, and I usually run the RCA out as a main (which is the dedicated output for monitors). The main outputs are 1/4", but unless I'm running a DI box, I just run my RCA directly into the house mixer. To avoid using two DI boxes, I purchased an adaptor that is female RCA to male 1/4", which works swimmingly.

Jimi Smyth
02-13-2012, 04:55 PM
I went down to the music store and purchased a dual RCA to 1/4"
http://www.long-mcquade.com/files/1651/md_A__PR.jpg
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/1651/Pro_Audio_Recording/Cables/Apex_Electronics/A206PR_-_Dual_RCA_to_1_4_Cable.htm

Works perfectly for my s4 to krk's.

dav1boy
02-13-2012, 05:33 PM
for both monitors and balanced, get two 1/4" TRS cables. thats what using for my s2 and krks.