PDA

View Full Version : Setup

Dwain Chambers
05-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Heya, I'm fairly new to DJ'ing equipment and I was wondering what I actually needed for a full up and running home setup.

I've been looking on Ebay and managed to pick myself up a cheap pair of Numark TT100's and I'm looking to get a Numark DXM06 Mixer to go with that, so what else do I need?

I was also wondering whether it was possible to simply connect the Numark Mixer straight into the Aux input of my PC Monitors or would that be a stupid mistake in terms of quality? or do I need to get a preamp to plug my mixer into then into the Aux of my PC monitors?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Dwain (I'm not the English drug addict athlete):mad:

DJ Riddims
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
You would also need a pair of headphones with a 1/4'' tip to plug into the mixer. You can plug the mixer into the aux input of your monitors and it will be fine. But the most important thing you need now are records if you have none, lol.

Dwain Chambers
05-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Haha I thought I'd spare being that much of a noob and not bother labelling headphones ;D Yeah I've got records don't worry haha, been ordering alot in lately :) I'll post a mix up soon when I get it all up and running, thanks for the help!

Sigma
05-13-2012, 11:01 PM
For a classic setup, you need: -

2 turntables
2 cartridges/styli (which may come with the decks)
2 slipmats (which may come with the decks)
1 mixer
1 pair of headphones
1 sound system (powered speakers are fine if you have those already)
Cables to hook everything up if they don't already come with the gear
Records

In terms of cables you need 2 x RCAs to connect the decks to the mixer, which should come with the decks. Then you need the appropriate cable to hook your mixer up to your powered computer speakers, which will probably be either another RCA cable or a Y-cable (RCA to 3.5mm) and if you want to connect your mixer to your PC for recording you will need the appropriate cable for that too, which is normally another Y-cable.

Dwain Chambers
05-14-2012, 11:00 AM
For a classic setup, you need: -

2 turntables
2 cartridges/styli (which may come with the decks)
2 slipmats (which may come with the decks)
1 mixer
1 pair of headphones
1 sound system (powered speakers are fine if you have those already)
Cables to hook everything up if they don't already come with the gear
Records

In terms of cables you need 2 x RCAs to connect the decks to the mixer, which should come with the decks. Then you need the appropriate cable to hook your mixer up to your powered computer speakers, which will probably be either another RCA cable or a Y-cable (RCA to 3.5mm) and if you want to connect your mixer to your PC for recording you will need the appropriate cable for that too, which is normally another Y-cable.

you babe

Phi
05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
you babe
:eek:

:lol: