PDA

View Full Version : What you should look up to

LoveBass
02-07-2012, 04:53 PM
We all talk a lot of rubish about DJs who are faking it but lets make it positive. Who are the gods who should we be turning beginners to look up to?

I propose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLanIfR13A

Hamza21
02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
The Funky President J Rocc aka you favorite dj's favorite deejay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctbl9XbrV3U

Sigma
02-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Here's some of the people I look up to: -

Qbert - He's pushed the art of scratching further than pretty much any other DJ. He's also a brilliant battle DJ/trick mixer even if you rarely get to see that side of him these days. I do wish we could hear more mixes and tracks from him, as he seems to have spent the last few years largely touring and just scratching, but there's no taking away what this guy has done for the turntablism scene.

D-Styles - The scratch DJ's scratch DJ. He's got style and funk for days and he combines old and new techniques executed perfectly.

Buddy Peace - I love making complex multitracked mixes and this guy is the king of that IMO. The amount of work and love that he puts into what he does is incredible, and he's also an extremely humble guy that's driven solely by passion for what he does. Someone to look up to for sure.

Fuse One - Another DJ that few have heard of, but he's another one that puts a lot of effort into his mixes and it really shows.

The World Famous Beat Junkies - These guys are just great all rounders, whether it's party rocking, mixtapes, scratching, mixing or juggling.

DJ Woody - One of the most creative battle DJs out there, a nice guy, and a superb mix/party rocker too.

Jon1st - This is an online friend of mine that I've never met in person, but I know him well and we've worked on mixes and stuff together. You probably won't have heard of him, but I've watched his career progress over the last few years and he's gone from mediocre to DJ to really fucking good DJ by being a doer and not a talker. He's managing to live off his income from gigs now and he's getting to support DJs like Craze and Qbert at shows. He's basically living his dream (as cheesy as that sounds) without compromising what he does and he's done that by putting in a lot of hard work.

Ashley Caveney
02-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Kissy Sell out, one of the most incredible DJ's ive ever seen :)

www.djsounds.com/09/03/kissy-sell-out-djsounds-show-2011

Jason Cerna
02-11-2012, 11:22 AM
First, I look up to my friends in our crew. We are all equally motivated to do our thing, whether together or with side projects/gigs. And I still feel this energy that makes me want to keep doing more. I guess part of that is the fear of lagging behind them.

I'm not huge on DJ dick riding, but if I had to name a few people that I look up to, it would be these guys:

Tittsworth
Jon H from Fort Knox Five
Stickybuds
John B
Andy C

DJArmani
02-11-2012, 12:17 PM
In house music.. Chuckie, Eric Morillo, Eric Prydz, A-Trak...

A-Trak inspires me with his scratching skills and his diverse sets ! He plays Old School HipHop and House.. And Diplo. I like his style.

That's who motivates me.