PDA

View Full Version : Running a second DJ program or Laptop

Defiance
05-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I am using a NS6 and but also have a Midifighter that is driving me nuts that I cannot use it with Serato Itch.

At this point Traktor has been nearly 100% unreliable being the ONLY program out of 5 to give me sound issues, BSOD and funky problems with controllers.

What I'd like to eventually do is either run a second program to take advantage of the midifighter or my backup laptop into one of the 4 channels of my NS6 and mix it in that way.

Am I am making this more complicated than it has to be? Or is there a simple way to achieve the same goal here?

DYM
05-10-2012, 09:01 PM
I say make your laptop the 4th channel.... Get a small (super mini) mixer, connect midi fighter to computer, then computer to mini mixer, then mini mixer to NS6..... It could be fun.

Atomisk
05-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Are you running Traktor on a PC? Is it optimized for DJing?

Defiance
05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Are you running Traktor on a PC? Is it optimized for DJing?

Its optimized enough to run everything else without a single issue. Traktor has gave me issues all the time. Only thing I like about it is the fact that the midifighter is a Fing blast w/ traktor and the effects, I absolutely hate everything else about it :(

Dj DRPX
05-11-2012, 07:03 AM
I had problems with Traktor. All I had to do was update drivers and set the Traktor 2 program priority to Realtime. That might fix it.

Defiance
05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I had problems with Traktor. All I had to do was update drivers and set the Traktor 2 program priority to Realtime. That might fix it.

I think what I might end up doing is having a second setup to use specifically with Traktor. With my Mixtrack that came with Traktor, no problems but my VMS4 and NS6 both had issues.

My main DJ laptop is up to date but what do you mean set it to realtime?

BlueLabel
06-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Press ctrl alt del. Open task manager, go to processes (with traktor open) right click on it go to priority and click real time.