PDA

View Full Version : How to Connect a Dj i/o Sound Card to 2 active/powered monitors

digi16v
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
like the title says. I have a DJi/o that I will be using as my sound card/audio interface to power some active monitors. I know that output 1 is for the speakers but how do I hook up 2 active monitors to this one jack? Do I get/use Y cables???? and anyone that is willing to give me a diagram will get rep!!
:tup:

Andrew B
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
If your monitors have RCA ins, then just get two single RCA cables. Go from output 1. Left speaker from L, right speaker from R.

digi16v
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry should have made my question more clear.
I really didnt want to use the RCA cables I was hoping to be able to use my XLR cables. anyone know how I can accomplish this using XLR cables??

Andrew B
02-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Sorry should have made my question more clear.
I really didnt want to use the RCA cables I was hoping to be able to use my XLR cables. anyone know how I can accomplish this using XLR cables??

Two XLR-to-RCA. The DJ i/o only has RCA outs.

cvdeco16
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
This would be overkill if you're just connecting monitors that are less than 10 feet from your sound card, but you could always get an Art Cleanbox (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?is=REG&sku=288115&Q=&O=&A=details). You'd connect the rca's from the sound card to the box, and then connect XLR's from the box to your monitors.

Or, as Andrew B mentioned, just pick up a pair of XLR-to-RCA cables - you can find them in various lengths to suit your needs.