PDA

View Full Version : Ipad apps for mobile dj's

Shay.ca
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on apps for the ipad? What aops are you using for consultations or even dj'ing?

The 2 that I found were square up for credit card payments and I bought the dj app for a back up player for my ns7 incase something were to go wrong (crossing fingers it never does).

What apps have you found useful for your business?

Sween
02-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Djay is a decent little app. I use it for running remote sound for a cocktail hour or ceremony sometimes.

Synaxis
02-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Djay is a decent little app. I use it for running remote sound for a cocktail hour or ceremony sometimes.

I second this. Djay is a fun little app, but like Sween said, it has lighter uses. If your equipment breaks down, it can act as a decent substitute. Playing music at a ceremony in a different room? Works for that too. But It shouldn't be your only piece of equipment, or completely replace whatever you have.

It's more of a fun app to play around with.

Shay.ca
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM

I second this. Djay is a fun little app, but like Sween said, it has lighter uses. If your equipment breaks down, it can act as a decent substitute. Playing music at a ceremony in a different room? Works for that too. But It shouldn't be your only piece of equipment, or completely replace whatever you have.

It's more of a fun app to play around with.

Djay was the one I was refering to. I have it on my ipad as a backup player incase my ns7 or itch were to crash on my computer, ns7 has a way to play a line out without the software using the AUX in rca's so I have it ready for emergencys.

I was looking for other apps that may be used during a consultation ect.

Djmike209
02-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Looking for an app also. I think vdj has an app just haven't completely trusted it

Ampedproductions
03-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Djay was the one I was refering to. I have it on my ipad as a backup player incase my ns7 or itch were to crash on my computer, ns7 has a way to play a line out without the software using the AUX in rca's so I have it ready for emergencys.

I was looking for other apps that may be used during a consultation ect.

We use our ipad quite a bit on consults. Keynote makes wicked slideshows. Quicksale allows you to do custom invoices/quotes and send them off via email instantly.

Signdocs allows you to have your contract signed on the ipad and email them off as well.

rahmanashah
03-08-2012, 09:46 PM
The Djay app is fantastic. This is a little dubstep demonstration of what it can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdd7itp5v3Q&list=HL1331259930&feature=mh_lolz

Robdogg
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
iPad works great as a backup for me but I wouldn't want to ever have to use it for a gig.... Guess the controller feeling is hard to get away from. I love my 3G iPad for iTunes downloads at a gig though then mix across for one song if it's something I don't have in my collection. Saved me on random requests a few times.

Stirred
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
We use our ipad quite a bit on consults. Keynote makes wicked slideshows. Quicksale allows you to do custom invoices/quotes and send them off via email instantly.

Signdocs allows you to have your contract signed on the ipad and email them off as well.

I've been playing around with the signdocs app as well as soft sign... are you able to make a PDF fillable on signdocs? Seems like the easy thing to do (not really) is to revamp my contract to for use on one of these apps.

Suggestions?

Quicksale looks like a nice little app too!!!

A#1 DJ
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Just installed "Djay" on my 4s ....Awesome little ap!! thanks Sween!

DYM
04-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm looking for something to do montages with, maybe even add photos on the fly. Any ideas?

pumpitdj
05-03-2012, 09:37 AM
That app DJAY is on for only .99 CENTS !!!!! Limited time

Andrew B
05-03-2012, 10:22 AM
That app DJAY is on for only .99 CENTS !!!!! Limited time

I was all excited, but it's still $20 for iPad.

Shay.ca
05-03-2012, 10:57 AM
I was all excited, but it's still $20 for iPad.

I got it on ipad for $10 during the holidays. It was on sale and I figured it may be helpful one day.

- Shay

DJNR
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
MixVibes announced their new DJ software that looks really powerful. I saw it on DJWorx.

pumpitdj
05-03-2012, 05:56 PM
weird cause i paid .99 cent for djay today , go look again I actually see it in two places one for 19.99 and another below it for .99