PDA

View Full Version : Decent-Good Audio Interface?

ajxizzle
05-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey can anyone steer me in the direction of a good audio interface to use with the Maschine. My setup is going to be 2 rokits to a mixer, my laptop, and the maschine. I'm just trying to buy a good audio interface to connect my laptop to the mixer for sound without breaking the bank, thanks in advance for the help.

richard stringer
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Try a Focusrite 2i2, i've got one and for the price they're great. They've got excellent preamps for the money, and generally all through it's about the best audio interface you'll get for thet kind of money.

jmack953
05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Try a Focusrite 2i2, i've got one and for the price they're great. They've got excellent preamps for the money, and generally all through it's about the best audio interface you'll get for thet kind of money.

Stole the words right out from my finger tips. Focusrite for sure. To add to what Richard said about the preamps, price... also "plays well with others". I have used the same interface (2i2) with a few different DAWS (Protools, Cubase, and Studio One) and it interfaces well with all of them. And from what I've gathered from others, plays well with other softwares too... if of course you look into using it with a DAW. But yes, FOCUSRITE all the way. CHEERS!

jayhwk
05-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I've been looking for a solid interface too...

I want a Sound Devices USBpre2, but I don't know if I can justify the $600 that I'd need to spend on it. Then again, it's supposed to be really, really good sounding interface.

If all you need is XLR outs, I've heard good things about this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/peavey-usb-p-usb-di-format-converter

ajxizzle
05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Hey guys I appreciate the recommendations, glad to know djf is still a great community.

Andrew B
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
How many inputs and outputs do you need?

ajxizzle
05-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Well its gonna be the Maschine going into my laptop, and connecting my laptop to the mixer for sound. I guess a single output and input would do the trick.