PDA

View Full Version : Customizing Aiaiai TMA-1s... Have you? Will you? I want too!

akswun
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Ok so after years and years of destroying various earbuds and cheap headphones for my daily commute I've decided I'm going to purchase a pair of TMA1s. Not only for commuting and daily use but for dj'ing(duh). I currently own a pair of Sony V7s, love them. But have been yearing for a pair of TMA1s ever since they came out.

As of late I haven't been able to listen to music on my hour long commute due to my current earbuds taking a dump. I prefer earbuds as they aren't flashy and don't get in the way of things and if I ever need to run for the bus or train I can without worring about them falling off. But the downfall of earbuds is the quality of sound. Yeah I could spend $500 on a decent pair but I feel like killing two birds with one stone, having a back up pair of dj cans and a tough somewhat indestructable pair for either daily and djing use.

So when the TMA1s were released I loved how it was a matte black finish and instantly thought to myself it would be sick if i could stencil my djname or whatever on the headband.
Have any of you done it? wanted to do it? and if so what would you suggest on the technique or paint or whatever. Need some advice before I embark on this journey.

Phil Noize
05-10-2012, 08:20 AM
JFunk on these forums has customized TMA-1s ...

http://dj-jfunk.deviantart.com/art/TRON-Legacy-TMA-1-DJ-HEadphone-214730950?q=boost%3Apopular%20((tma-1)%20AND%20(by%3Adj-jfunk))&qo=0

His website ...

http://www.customcans.co.uk/

:tup:

akswun
12-23-2012, 07:34 AM
So update... Got my xmas gift from my girlfriend the other day, and yes I know it isn't xmas yet but she pushed me to open it.
And lo and behold she bought me a pair of TMA-1's Studio editions, Doodoo brown Serato performance vinyl, & couple of m447 stylii which i was needing for a couple weeks since I bent up my other ones. BEST Girlfriend EVER!!!

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with stenciling something on the headband. I wanted too but realized how sexy these cans are and don't think I'll commit to it. Maybe in the future but again she bought me the Studio editions ($249CAD) which is pretty pricey.