PDA

View Full Version : Traktor HID Mode Dropouts... WHY???? :(

nevin
05-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Hi all, I need a fix for this before my next gig....

THE SETUP
This is the setup: cdj400s running traktor 2 in HID mode. I use an audio 6 interface and I use a kontrol x1. The audio 6 is plugged into the first USB input on that MacBook pro. The 2 cdjs and x1 are plugged into an USB hub (not a powered USB hub) which plugs into the second input on the MacBook.

WHAT HAPPENED / WHAT WENT WRONG
Tonight I was playing out at a gig and the cdjs randomly fell out of HID mode. The song would continue to play but I had no signal coming from the cdjs. I could still control everything within the program with the mouse, so the program wasn't freezing, but the HID midi side was...

Sometimes I could bring the CDJs back into HID mode by pressing 'USB' on the 400s (this is the way you normally initiate HID mode on CDJ400s), but most times nothing could bring HID mode back until I restarted traktor. I have tested all the cables so I know they aren't an issue. I have a feeling that having the x1 plugged in is causing the dropouts because it doesn't happen when I don't use the x1.

WHAT I'M THINKING
Maybe the USB hub is not handling the amount of data transfer, so when i use the Kontrol x1 it may cause data dropouts to the CDJs which removes the link and takes them out of HID mode.. But how would i solve this? i don't want to stop using the x1.

ANY IDEAS????
What do you think? Is this a common issue? Would using a powered USB increase the amount of allowable data transfer? Anything would help...

DJNR
05-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Traktor HID mode is known to be pretty bad.

nevin
05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah it's only uses standard hid not advanced...

TrueWind
05-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Well... I would suggest using a powered USB hub... When I had CDJ-400's, I used them both on HID Mode without an interface (used the soundcards on my CDJ-400's as my interface) and I did not have a single problem.

It's probably that using 3 units is making them "interfere" since power isn't getting disbritued to them well enough.

Try using a powered hub and let us know your results.

TooHypE
05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Traktor HID mode is known to be pretty bad.

:confused: Keep that in mind.?? when I consider going wit Traktor (Still learning Ableton Live)

:tup: Good too know!

Well... I would suggest using a powered USB hub... When I had CDJ-400's, I used them both on HID Mode without an interface (used the soundcards on my CDJ-400's as my interface) and I did not have a single problem.

It's probably that using 3 units is making them "interfere" since power isn't getting disbritued to them well enough.

Try using a powered hub and let us know your results.

Def good suggestion I myself would like too know your results incase I should consider going that DVS..... I have similar cdj-400's.

nem0nic
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Please explain. This is new news to me, and I'm genuinely interested. What defines "standard HID" versus "advanced HID"?

To the OP - what USB hub do you currently use?