PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' this new wireless trend lately.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Some nextlevelness stuff going on. LMFAO is correct.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/innerwebs/wirlelessfakedjstrendlol.jpg

g-sep
02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I deff paused the Superbowl halftime to take a closer look.

DJ ATX
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Yep, its all about the Wifi connection these days. :lol:

Muggz
02-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Thats some serious skillzz!!

Manu
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCsLC_3-WQ

funkyfresh
02-07-2012, 01:03 PM
LOL! :lol:

Skeyelab
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I see RCA's and power on the super bowl shot

DJ ArmanB
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
:mad: not acceptable, at least pretend their connected!

Manu
02-07-2012, 01:42 PM
:mad: not acceptable, at least pretend their connected!

look at the video I posted. Jesus lulz setup is wired, shame about forgetting to actually turn it on :lol:

DJ ArmanB
02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
look at the video I posted. Jesus lulz setup is wired, shame about forgetting to actually turn it on :lol:

:squint: Nice catch. A little while ago Tiesto had a live stream going at some club, and they were doing over head camera shots. I was really hoping to catch him in a lie, but he actually had his equipment plugged in and powered on.

Andrew B
02-07-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/justice-respond-to-unplugged-controversy-by-posting-more-pictures-183657

Justice's USB cable fell out, they plugged it back in. CONTROVERSY

Eddie
02-07-2012, 02:11 PM
:lol:

Atomisk
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Not a new trend... It's the exact same as lipsyncing. It's been around in the entertainment industry forever.

thehadgi
02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I do think that sometimes this stuff happens.. all I have to say though is that I've been learning adobe cs5 very intensively lately, and I can tell you right now that photoshop is able to make literally anything you can think of look real. i've seen tutorials on how to do things I always thought were actually real.

so they might actually not have stuff hooked up, but I guarantee some pics like those have been photoshopped. it's not too unlikely

Jason Cerna
02-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Not a new trend... It's the exact same as lipsyncing. It's been around in the entertainment industry forever.

this ^^

[O/][iii][O/]
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
More futuristic wireless action.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/innerwebs/wirelessusblol.jpg

Freak
02-07-2012, 04:16 PM
shit, id wish my equipment has wifi.

ilya
02-07-2012, 04:25 PM
[iii][O/];7727']More futuristic wireless action.

totally badass! so futuristic that his midi controller can play vinyl too.

Rick_N
02-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Why doesn't pioneer ever send me the hottest new wifi/bluetooth gadgets. I want to mix like these guys, finally no more birdsnest behind my tables...lol

DJ ArmanB
02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
I do think that sometimes this stuff happens.. all I have to say though is that I've been learning adobe cs5 very intensively lately, and I can tell you right now that photoshop is able to make literally anything you can think of look real. i've seen tutorials on how to do things I always thought were actually real.

so they might actually not have stuff hooked up, but I guarantee some pics like those have been photoshopped. it's not too unlikely

What if its video proof? :D

de.j.l
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
this forum should really have a "like" button for each post.

Rothgery
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM

It does, along with a dislike button as well :P

Chay
02-07-2012, 11:37 PM

+1

Wi-Fi DJ mixers with HD sound! :P

Unknown DJ
02-08-2012, 12:19 AM
+1

Wi-Fi DJ mixers with HD sound! :P

Don't forget the 3D, everything needs 3D!

Nicadraus
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Cheaters like these people should be shot! The crowd pays for the gate to see them perform live and yet they get fooled.

David Guetta and Peter Hook should be the first ones to get the shots. :D

Chay
02-08-2012, 12:42 AM

Dat Tree Dee.

the4thImpulse
02-08-2012, 02:05 AM

I only dj with mp3d files!

Liam
02-08-2012, 03:01 AM
I have seen two of the images but the third one i never noticed. These guys need shot!

Hygro
02-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Man I must have lost my touch. I didn't even realize that moment with LMFAO was supposed to be a CDJ. In fact, it's become so ubiquitous and it was such a staged performance that it looked like a stage prop to dance around like everything else.

bmorr
02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I deff paused the Superbowl halftime to take a closer look.

Yea I definitely noticed it too. But, I figure eh the superbowl show is more of an act and entertainment than an actual dance show, so I'll let them be. The logistics of plugging in the CDJs and mixer and plugging them into the stadium system probably isn't worth it.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Yea I definitely noticed it too. But, I figure eh the superbowl show is more of an act and entertainment than an actual dance show, so I'll let them be. The logistics of plugging in the CDJs and mixer and plugging them into the stadium system probably isn't worth it.

Huh? CDJs? Where? I only see one CDJ. Which is kinda the point. I mean of course it's a prop in this particular instance, but why even bother with props if they weren't going to make it at least somewhat realistic (especially in this day of High-Def, freeze frame, replay, etc,) . I mean c'mon guys, one deck?

mrkleen
02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
[iii][O/];9221']I mean of course it's a prop in this particular instance, but why even bother with props

Ever heard of product placement?

Marc S
02-08-2012, 03:00 PM
What if its video proof? :D

if i can photoshop it, i can do the same in CS5 after effects, very easily. there is no such thing as video/photographic proof these days.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Ever heard of product placement?

Yes, of course, which is more than likely what this is, and even furthers the confusion as to why (if Pioneer did pay to have their products placed) they wouldn't at the very least put a little bit of effort into presenting the props in a way that was at least just a little bit realistic. I mean let's face it, practically the only people watching who would even know what the gear is is also their target audience, so why not have a credible presentation (even though it's fake props) because the target audience will pick these booboos out in a heartbeat.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
^^^ same goes for any company worth their salt marketing their goods.

Sween
02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
No different than any other performer who lip sync's and runs around with guitars that are not plugged in...

DJMC
02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
OMG, that is a great catch by OP & others who saw it.

I myself just assume that its all pre-recorded and they are all just pretending & Lip-Synching.

Now there are exceptions: Prince & Tom Petty played their own music, for example.

DJMC is a Sacramento Wedding DJ (http://www.dj-mc.com) who provides non-cheesy wedding reception DJs.

DJNR
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't remember whether or not it was in this thread, but someone made the point that the producers of the half time show for the Superbowl would never risk the whole show by depending on a CDJ and DJM. I know they are reliable pieces of gear but when you are on live television like that broadcasting to hundreds of millions of people it makes sense why they don't want to risk it.

Of course, I don't support the whole fake wireless thing, but I think the reason they did it is pretty well justified.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-09-2012, 08:36 AM
...producers of the half time show for the Superbowl would never risk the whole show by depending on a CDJ and DJM. I know they are reliable pieces of gear but when you are on live television like that broadcasting to hundreds of millions of people it makes sense why they don't want to risk it.

That's a great confidence booster for DJs looking to Pioneer for reliable gear, especially those who rely on their gear to perform in front of audiences.* Superbowl crowds are much more important and discerning than dance music crowds. I'm just glad the producers choose to take risks with the, umm, "talent" instead. :lol:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/innerwebs/superbowlbird.jpg

*Before any Pioneer fans get their panties in a knot, this is a joke. We all know Pioneer makes some reliable stuff. The half-assed, lazy product positioning thing is something else all together though.

mrkleen
02-09-2012, 12:07 PM
[iii][O/];9396']Yes, of course, which is more than likely what this is, and even furthers the confusion as to why (if Pioneer did pay to have their products placed) they wouldn't at the very least put a little bit of effort into presenting the props in a way that was at least just a little bit realistic. I mean let's face it, practically the only people watching who would even know what the gear is is also their target audience, so why not have a credible presentation (even though it's fake props) because the target audience will pick these booboos out in a heartbeat.

Makes no difference if it was plugged in or not. You guys are 4 pages into talking about it. Guess the placement worked.

[O/][iii][O/]
02-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Makes no difference if it was plugged in or not. You guys are 4 pages into talking about it. Guess the placement worked.

lol, yep. proves once again even bad press is good press.

PS: :tup: on "Love Story". Crate staple of mine for years (McLauchlan BTW, not McLaughlin)

RDRCK
02-09-2012, 12:32 PM

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Dammit! Out of rep for 24 hours!!!

mrkleen
02-09-2012, 12:32 PM
[iii][O/];10529'] PS: :tup: on "Love Story". Crate staple of mine for years (McLauchlan BTW, not McLaughlin)

Good catch.

thehadgi
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9079827/Photos/13.jpg

Chris Traeger, new wireless DJ?

Manu
02-29-2012, 02:03 AM
with drebeats, double whammy

Manu
02-29-2012, 02:10 AM
No different than any other performer who lip sync's and runs around with guitars that are not plugged in...

Most heavy metal shows stages are filled with empty mashall amps. Has been going on since the 70s with Black Sabbath. Apparently looks better without having to lug heavy amps around... Justice have copied that, including the cross (check your black Sabbath history for that one ;) )

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WZlIc1hyud4/TWssXv1QxYI/AAAAAAAADdA/URf5yjKASsA/s1600/Justice%2B-%2BMarshall%2BStack%252C%2B2009.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9WkvTZ1M7lgj13h6ZUBiNqzYo1_500.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/09/fake-amp-stacks-immortal-metal-band.jpg

Ferryman
02-29-2012, 02:19 AM
^^^ Cheeky fuckers!

mostapha
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
There's a big difference between using fake equipment as decorations and pretending to play on equipment that wasn't plugged in. But even that's been around for a long time. There were punk bands in the 70s and 80s that had roadies playing instruments from backstage because the actual band members were too drunk/high/lousy to play for themselves.

That doesn't make it right, though.

Still…it's possible those people just hate the music they're famous for. Yeah, they're the worst kinds of sell outs, but they're selling an experience, and people get what they paid for even if they're listening to an iPod plugged into the FOH mixer.

The only difference between that and me switching to iTunes Party Shuffle at a house party with the wrong crowd is that they get paid a lot of money and I wouldn't lie if asked.

Hygro
02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Who hates the music they are famous for, but still performs it?

I mean, I know artists get burned out on old hits, and get mad when fans don't want to hear the new album, but damn that's gotta suck really bad if your livelihood is music and the only music that pays is songs you wish you never made.

sobi
02-29-2012, 05:05 PM
The logistics of plugging in the CDJs and mixer and plugging them into the stadium system probably isn't worth it.

You and your silly logic. Please cease and desist with that rational thinking stuff.

sobi
02-29-2012, 05:10 PM

Hate might be a bit of a stretch, but read up on Armand Van Helden.

Smallz
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM

I mean, I know artists get burned out on old hits, and get mad when fans don't want to hear the new album, but damn that's gotta suck really bad if your livelihood is music and the only music that pays is songs you wish you never made.

There was a time when Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses hated playing Sweet Child Of Mine all the damn time. Granted, it grew on him, but this idea is still possible.

bernardobustamante
03-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Hate might be a bit of a stretch, but read up on Armand Van Helden.
Any links on this? Trying to find what you're talking about but I'm not having any luck :(

Rek_Aviles
03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/428050_10151373467320331_861810330_23092073_129036 6534_n.jpg

Not sure if photo-chopped or not, but found this floating on FB

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 04:05 PM
The crowd pays for the gate to see them perform live and yet they get fooled.

Are mix DJs really performing live though?

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 04:07 PM
[iii][O/];9401']^^^ same goes for any company worth their salt marketing their goods.

...yet most examples are pretty egregious. Does anyone drink as much Stone beer as they do in the later seasons of Weeds?

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
[iii][O/];10179']*Before any Pioneer fans get their panties in a knot, this is a joke. We all know Pioneer makes some reliable stuff. The half-assed, lazy product positioning thing is something else all together though.

Maybe the producers of the show realized that 99.9% of the audience they are targeting are not DJs, aren't going to care about the placement/use of a CDJ/DJM during the show and would not spend time talking about it on the interwebz.

Finnish_Fox
03-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Black Eyed Peas... I'm sure they can hardly sleep at night sometimes.

Kingbob182
03-09-2012, 04:59 PM

I might be wrong. I forget whether he hated the music or just hated performing but Kurt Cobain comes to mind.

On a related note, I almost kille my girlfriend when she told me she doesnt know who he is and then when I played Smells Like Teen Spirit, she didnt recognize it.

Straight from wikipedia. (Duing the mastering stages of In Utero)
Cobain was upset and said to Azerrad, "I should just rerecord this record and do the same thing we did last year because we sold out last year—there's no reason to try and redeem ourselves as artists at this point. I can't help myself—I'm just putting out a record I would like to listen to at home." However, a number of the group's friends liked the album, and by April 1993 Nirvana was intent on releasing In Utero as it was. According to Cobain, "Of course, they want another Nevermind, but I'd rather die than do that. This is exactly the kind of record I would buy as a fan, that I would enjoy owning."

Hygro
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
On a related note, I almost kille my girlfriend when she told me she doesnt know who he is and then when I played Smells Like Teen Spirit, she didnt recognize it.

1st) wow, that's a really violent thing to say
2nd) don't date underage girls. Problem solved.

[O/][iii][O/]
12-12-2012, 05:38 PM
qXRUwICUNEE#!

:eek:

Baller95
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol good job copying from sigmas post ^

[O/][iii][O/]
12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Sorry, don't know who sigmas is. Saw this on Facebook. :shrug:

DJ-Veaux
12-12-2012, 05:59 PM
[iii][O/];184214']Sorry, don't know who sigmas is. Saw this on Facebook. :shrug:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?18096-And-the-winner-of-the-EDM-DJ-miming-contest-is

ampnation
12-12-2012, 06:33 PM

We should totally start a thread about clueless S.O. moments. I about fell over when my gf said she didn't know who Jimmy Page was. Now whenever Zep plays on radio, or there's an image of him I point him out. It's kind of a joke with us now. BTW, she did know who Led Zeppelin was, but didn't know band members.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Divercity
12-12-2012, 07:14 PM
[iii][O/];7727']More futuristic wireless action.

Never mind this guy.. He's a celebrity rugby player here in New Zealand.

He doesn't DJ....Move along... Its ok..

unknown00
12-12-2012, 07:23 PM
wireless is the way to go ;)

Burt Bacharach
12-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Why would the LMFAO guy even need to pretend it is plugged in - Do you think he's going to look up at the crowd and go "oh I know what'll get them moving" and wik wik wikki into something "fresh"? I bet Madonna would love that.

uncut69
12-14-2012, 12:03 PM
According to Cobain, "Of course, they want another Nevermind, but I'd rather die than do that"[/I]

hehhh

djAj90
12-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Are the pioneer wlan cdj and mixer real,or just some publicity stunt the tv show/dj and singer were doing? It probably can't be that hard to modify the cdj's and mixer to broadcast a wireless signal and put in a high grade lithium ion battery for short term use,info at hackaday.com could probably help you modify them.

g-sep
12-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Are the pioneer wlan cdj and mixer real,or just some publicity stunt the tv show/dj and singer were doing? It probably can't be that hard to modify the cdj's and mixer to broadcast a wireless signal and put in a high grade lithium ion battery for short term use,info at hackaday.com could probably help you modify them.

You need to get smacked.

djAj90
12-23-2012, 08:39 AM
You need to get smacked.

There's already a wifi mixer from pioneer but it doesn't have built in lithium ion battery nor does it send a wireless signal to speakers.

http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.aspx?product=XDJ-AERO

And there are already wireless speakers http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B115D.aspx

So it shouldn't be that hard to make a cdj/mixer all in one with a wifi signal to connect to a laptop/smartphone/tablet. Powered by a high capacity but slim li-ion battery,and a built in "wireless mic" to send the signal to speakers.

shaun1dj
12-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Cheaters like these people should be shot! The crowd pays for the gate to see them perform live and yet they get fooled.

David Guetta and Peter Hook should be the first ones to get the shots. :D

What he said

Hygro
12-23-2012, 09:58 PM
No one needs to get shot and Peter Hook is one of our heroes, here on DJF. It was so bad it was epic good. Just don't do it again, Peter ;)